Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    I'm really wondering if anyone got a full set of clean runs lol.
    Too stagnant from winter. iRacing alone isn't enough so a surprise cone would jump out and bite me nearly every run =/

I had a great time out there today. Where will the times be posted at whenever they are posted?

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    I'm really wondering if anyone got a full set of clean runs lol.
    I thnk I only had 1 cone all day (I *think*)...and it was the first cone in the first slalom of my first run. Way to start.....

some photos. Yeah, I know most of them are non-BMWs...but I figured you guys had people out there taking shots of your cars for you. Most of mine are people I know or other subarus, plus that wicked E30M3....

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Good event today guys. Fred, I am dialing in camber tomorrow. :P

will have a few crappy pics to post in a few minutes.
    haha! Ok Josh, maybe that's what you need to beat me. That, or a rerun.

Edit: great pictures! Sorry again that I failed to snap one on your final run :/
    Last edited by RedMS3; 03-20-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    haha! Ok Josh, maybe that's what you need to beat me. That, or a rerun.

Edit: great pictures! Sorry again that I failed to snap one on your final run :/
    no worries...my car is ugly anyways

How did the other MS3 do, any idea?

You Followed me most of the way home,,,

Irish44 you were right behind me all the way to Old Keene Mill Rd, I live in Bristow so I took Backlick over to the Fairfax County Parkway and then I jump on the back roads to Prince William County. Nice pics, hopefully I will see you at the Waldorf event in April, maybe even caravan over there with a few guys from my area.

no worries...my car is ugly anyways

How did the other MS3 do, any idea?
    Not sure, I didn't ask her about her times.

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    That's a very big compliment coming from you Noel, but I fear that it was your teaching that helped me fair well at the school. You being in the car was possibly a lucky charm for me ahahaha.
    Was I wrong?? Did you NOT kick some major butt? I believe you represented pretty well today. In fact, you can tone it down for next month about a few seconds.. OK?

This is me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3shuV6dGiU

I coned every run with the range running from 46 to 48 seconds and 1-3 cones. This was the first heat of the day.

With respect to the course, I think it was well designed and Sam deserves praise. It was tight, but I think it served the purposes of keeping people safe, and was designed in an intuitive and understandable manner that really helped drivers focus on driving - and not navigating.

To those who had difficulty on the course, I think some of the common errors were (1) carrying too much speed through the sweeper and going way wide - a little brake followed by a turn and back on the throttle seemed to keep a straighter line (2) braking and turning into the boxes like the one just after the sweeper and about 10 seconds before the end. On that, I drove with many people who attempted to dive into the box very fast, and then brake hard and turn hard. The car understeered and either took out cones or ended up very far off line. The remedy was to brake straighter and then, at the appropriate speed, make the turn. A good line also helped to reduce the amount of turning required.

I'm just commenting - I coned every run, but just wanted to point out what I observed, and commented to people most frequently to the people I drove with.

By the way... I'm supposed to be the novice coordinator, and actually enjoy that position, but I really only approach people who are obviously new, or have that "new" look. I don't really bother others since you all know what you are doing, but if anyone wants to get some insight as to what other people are seemingly doing wrong or right, or want commentary, or anything that I can help with... let me know. I felt happy with helping one of our intermediate drivers shave off a few seconds when he felt that he did not know where he could get faster today, and it felt rewarding.

In the time being, I will be looking at AJ and some others to continue my own progress.

Cheers
    Last edited by noelleslie; 03-20-2010 at 09:02 PM.

btw, best line of the day during the PM driver's meeting:

"uh oh, here comes the Italian Job"

or

"the cooper gang has arrived. this could be trouble"

I know I'm just a rookie and haven't seen many courses, but I really liked this one for exactly the reasons you stated. The focus on driving and not figuring out a labyrinth of cones. I had a total blast out there today and thanks to AJ riding shotgun, and making me go slow to go fast, got a pretty decent time considering this is just the second time I've done this. Consider me hooked

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    Irish44 you were right behind me all the way to Old Keene Mill Rd, I live in Bristow so I took Backlick over to the Fairfax County Parkway and then I jump on the back roads to Prince William County. Nice pics, hopefully I will see you at the Waldorf event in April, maybe even caravan over there with a few guys from my area.
    yep, I knew it was you....you kept taking nice lines and speeds through the traffic, so I kept following you! You took the 95S exit pretty fast with that little mid-turn bump haha....I had to get on it to stay with you, thankfully still had the RE01R's on! Trips always go by faster when you're folllowing someone.

You might have gotten to the pkway faster going all the way up Old Keene Mill to the end where it intersects with Pkwy. I live right around there in Burke and on weekends with no traffic it's a fast trip. I'll definitely be at the Waldorf event if I can...I really like that lot, much cleaner surface than Bowie.

Great course, Sam. Anyone know when the real results will be posted? There's a box on the upper right hand of the NCC Autocross page that says "2010 Results" but the link in it points to the driving school results from 2008. Interesting since Noel was in the top 12 but not what everyone's looking for, I think. In the meantime, here's my 51.625 run for your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATYncZbqfVY. Thanks to AJ for showing me how to wiggle! Here's the video of the epic spin that was my second run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVwzv1tblBI.
    Last edited by agreatham; 03-20-2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

yep, I knew it was you....you kept taking nice lines and speeds through the traffic, so I kept following you! You took the 95S exit pretty fast with that little mid-turn bump haha....I had to get on it to stay with you, thankfully still had the RE01R's on! Trips always go by faster when you're folllowing someone.

You might have gotten to the pkway faster going all the way up Old Keene Mill to the end where it intersects with Pkwy. I live right around there in Burke and on weekends with no traffic it's a fast trip. I'll definitely be at the Waldorf event if I can...I really like that lot, much cleaner surface than Bowie.
    Yeah, I kind of go that way out of habbit, but have tried just about every possibility to get to Henderson Rd. I work at Andrews AFB and carpool into work that way everyday and on the way home when the highways are screwed. My car bottomed out when I hit that bump, but I have taken that ramp many times before. See you at Waldorf.

Thread Information