Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    Wow competition in T2 is going to be tough it looks like. Why is Joe Brannon in T2!? I'm going to slash his and Noel's tires to make it seem like the rest of us have a chance ahahaha.
    If you're gonna go to all that trouble, you may as well get Woody's (and Sam's) while you're at it. They're not signed up yet, but get them just in case Seriously, I think it's great that we have new/fast guys coming to the class. Last year, I would wonder if I could possibly come close to Joe B.'s times if I ran R-comps. This year we'll see on street tires.

Ron you gotta get your car out on the course first. I recall that was a challenge at VIR, ouch! Hope you've solved your lug-snapping problems.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Just as the BMW classes, the "1" class should be the fastest.
    And I maintain that a bigger engine isn't necessarily faster for autocross purposes. Just an easy way for us to divide non-BMWs into four classes.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    If you're gonna go to all that trouble, you may as well get Woody's (and Sam's) while you're at it. They're not signed up yet, but get them just in case
    I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of autocrossing, changing into a suit, picking up GF in Virginia, and getting to a 2 pm wedding in Gaithersburg.
    I'm also considering an offer to drive a very nice M2 car.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Signed up! If there are any Z4 M Coupe drivers reading this thread...I want to ride along with one of you! I'm seriously considering one of those bad boys next year.
    I see there's one for sale in our classified section. Tell the owner you'd like a long test drive on the 20th.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    If you're gonna go to all that trouble, you may as well get Woody's (and Sam's) while you're at it. They're not signed up yet, but get them just in case Seriously, I think it's great that we have new/fast guys coming to the class. Last year, I would wonder if I could possibly come close to Joe B.'s times if I ran R-comps. This year we'll see on street tires.
    Ahaha true. I am honestly going to love the competition and can't wait to get out there, but I see myself being in the bottom tier of the standings in the class with so many heavy hitters like you, woody, Joe, Sam, etc being in the class. This is only my second year so I won't be catching up anytime soon with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I see there's one for sale in our classified section. Tell the owner you'd like a long test drive on the 20th.
    Ha! I wish I could do that with a straight face...

Looking forward to joining the BMW's next weekend!

Don't know if I can make it this time, my mom won't let me use her credit card with pay-pal. Ok J. Dunlap, here's your chance to win S1.

In with two cars for me and the missus. Kinda kicking myself for procrastinating till the morning session filled up, but we'll be there ready to rock in the afternoon with a couple Miatas looking to turn tires into noise.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

1st ax school

Jonathan, arrrgh, got a flooded living room and no heat!! sorry, , good luck.gotta scratch this morning, see you next week.

I was going to get a set of Dunlop star specs this year, but instead I'm gonna get...

Wait for it...

A new hot water heater...YEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    I was going to get a set of Dunlop star specs this year, but instead I'm gonna get...
    Wait for it...
    A new hot water heater...YEAH!!!
    We went through this last year. At least there is a tax credit for it!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Looking forward to my first autocross event this Saturday! Is it possible to have someone experience to ride along or is that only for the schools?

I lied too.

I said my car was retired from autocross, but it appears that is no longer the case. I'll also be running on snows or no-seasons for at least this first event.

Also, can I switch to the morning heat? I have a subscription for the PM session as #202, but would appreciate being in the morning heat for this event only.

Thread Information