Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Hey Peter,

I got you: go to the page and follow the protocol for changes needed. http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...ed=1#post36450

BTW: Did you ever post the vids of us? I'd love to see the Maxima in action, lol.
    I spilled my groceries...

Quote Originally Posted by otranscendental View Post
    Hey Peter,

I got you: go to the page and follow the protocol for changes needed. http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...ed=1#post36450

BTW: Did you ever post the vids of us? I'd love to see the Maxima in action, lol.
    Ill upload them tonight, they kinda suck, so i apologize in advance...
    Last edited by Petrovich; 03-22-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    Hey guys, who do i talk about changing my car profile? i have a 325ci not 328...
    If you're registering online with DLBracing.com for our events, the car is pulled from your profile. So, make sure you've got an up-to-date and accurate profile, because that is the only registration we do before taking walk-ups.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    Ill upload them tonight, they kinda suck, so i apologize in advance...
    Its all good. I don't care if they suck, just wanna see it.
    I spilled my groceries...

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    If you're registering online with DLBracing.com for our events, the car is pulled from your profile. So, make sure you've got an up-to-date and accurate profile, because that is the only registration we do before taking walk-ups.
    I tried updating my profile at DLBracing dot com and it ended with an error saying to contact the web administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    My best a 48.xxx yes, but my best raw time was a 47.9xx and that's still a 47!
    Yeah, but going by raw time you would have 7th instead of 4th.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Yeah, but going by raw time you would have 7th instead of 4th.
    That just shows me I have a lot of work to do which I knew anyways ahaha.

Bottom line: the cones must be avoided. You had great runs and avoided the cones. Therefore you placed well. "raw time" does not factor in autocross, so that's why my coned up runs put me in "nor so much" territory.

Your driving was clearly better and you should not qualify your performance saying that my, or anyone else's "raw times" were better. You beat me fair and square.

Next time?? Maybe not so much

Enjoy it while you can speedy

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Bottom line: the cones must be avoided. You had great runs and avoided the cones. Therefore you placed well. "raw time" does not factor in autocross, so that's why my coned up runs put me in "nor so much" territory.

Your driving was clearly better and you should not qualify your performance saying that my, or anyone else's "raw times" were better. You beat me fair and square.

Next time?? Maybe not so much

Enjoy it while you can speedy
    While you are right that raw time doesn't count as far as technical timing goes you still got around the course in 46 seconds and that is sick and out of my league plain and simple (I don't want to belabor the subject but I feel like that's the truth). I am prepared to get my rookie butt KICKED next event and I seriously mean that. I am not half the driver as you, Woody, or Joe and that's a fact. I have a lot to learn and most of the time will be lucky to be within 2 seconds of you guys and that is the honest truth. It's going to take me a couple years to learn where I am making mistakes on the course. At this point I am just driving recklessly around the course and don't understand correct lines and things like that. If I take the correct line it's because I got lucky and just happened to be on the line and stayed with it, but it isn't because I was good enough to know to take that line because it was the fastest.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I just want to make sure that some folks understand that I don't think nor have I ever thought that I am on the same level as you, Woody, or Joe and if I have ever come across that way then I feel bad for myself at the next event ahahaahaha.

The only thing I ask is that you guys continue to give me advice as to how to improve my driving and please don't hold back on giving me instructive criticism because it is the only way I can get better. I will now put this issue to rest on my end ;-)

We don't have these issues in T1. *grouphug*
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    Pics are up! Keep in mind that any profits go back in to the autocross program. You can get anything from the digital downloads to prints to novelty items (coffee mug anyone?). You can also leave comments or rank the pics as you like. Let me know what you think!
    http://katiethayer.smugmug.com/NCC-Autocross
    ~Katie
    Get your camera out of automatic and try a longer exposure so the cars don't look like they're parked. 1/50 sec should do.

Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Get your camera out of automatic and try a longer exposure so the cars don't look like they're parked. 1/50 sec should do.
    It's set on shutter priority...I saw that it wasn't the best when I got home but at least they're clear. Every now and then I find the right setting and it works great (got some awesome ones at Summit Point last year in the rain).

~Katie

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    It's set on shutter priority...I saw that it wasn't the best when I got home but at least they're clear. Every now and then I find the right setting and it works great (got some awesome ones at Summit Point last year in the rain).
    I can't tell without the EXIF data but it looks like you had your shutter speed set to 1/250 or faster. That might get you motion blur if we were doing 100mph+ but for autocross speeds, 1/60 or thereabouts is probably what you want.

Having a fast lens also helps. If you like, I can bring my 80-200mm F/2.8 to the next event for you to play with. It weighs 2lbs but I can also bring my monopod. Just remind me before the next event. You have a D200 right?
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    I can't tell without the EXIF data but it looks like you had your shutter speed set to 1/250 or faster. That might get you motion blur if we were doing 100mph+ but for autocross speeds, 1/60 or thereabouts is probably what you want.

Having a fast lens also helps. If you like, I can bring my 80-200mm F/2.8 to the next event for you to play with. It weighs 2lbs but I can also bring my monopod. Just remind me before the next event. You have a D200 right?
    I wish. I have a D70 and for autocross I use my 70-300 VR lens. I think I had it just above the 1/250 so I'll dial it down for the net one. Thanks!

~Katie

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    we don't have these issues in t1. *grouphug*
    :d

Thread Information