Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    I hope people still had fun. It is more than than normal, but hitting cones is part of autocross.

For the next event we can do 6 pointer cones and a 1/4 mile stop box.
    From what it sounds like, just about everyone enjoyed the course. Tight sections of the course mixed in with waking up after sitting idle over winter I'm sure is the reason for the cones. Like I said, makes us even better and forces us to be more precise.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

I was working the course near the finish and there was a problem in that 4 or 5 cars in the heat I worked had numbers only on the drivers side. So when they hit a cone we had to chase them to the grid to get the number of thier car. If there were 4 or 5 cars in my working heat alone that could have meant 20 cars did not display numbers on both sides. Also there were some cars that had very small white shoe polish numbers on the rear glass that were difficult to see. I think numbers should be easy to see on BOTH SIDES of the car and should be present for tech inspection. SCCA and Autocrossers Inc require 8 inch numbers on both sides.

Also the blue Cobra Coupe replica had permanent number 20 on his car and a very small blue tape number 25 that could not be seen from our worker station so the real car number 20, that had numbers only on the drivers side, may have had cones called against him that he didn't hit, however if he had put numbers on BOTH sides of his car we could have seen that 2 cars were running number 20 and may have saved him a cone call or 2.

Joe
    Last edited by jbrannon7; 03-21-2010 at 07:12 PM.

One more video, just for fun. I only got my first run. I coned at the end of the slalom, and dubbed over the resulting language (pretty sure I heard the same thing on another vid) Still just fooling with iMovie, so don't mind the stupid sound fx. This run was a 46.725+1. In later runs I went flat and straight through the chicane and fixed the problem with the second sweeper, but only picked up .55 sec. That would have been good enough if Scott hadn't shown up to run an insane 45.733 in Steven K's car.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    also, is this for BMWCCA members only, or the rest of us joes too?
    BMWCCA Members only ... you should just sign-up for membership ... don't have to be a BMW owner to be part of the BMWCCA.

Quote Originally Posted by S2KSEOUL View Post
    Oh, forgot to post my vid, looks like I use the point and shoot method of driving:

Not bad. I'd definitely try to get more "ahead" of the cones in the slalom. Was this your fastest run? I'm not sure if you had the same off on all of your other runs, where you skipped the gate just after the pointer cone when entering the low lot. I would have also stayed a bit wider heading into the Chicago box after the large sweeper to decrease the radius of that turn. In my opinion, it would take you wider going into the final section and you can floor it in a relatively straight line through the final 3 gates.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    BMWCCA Members only ... you should just sign-up for membership ... don't have to be a BMW owner to be part of the BMWCCA.
    Not to mention that the BMWCCA membership pays for itself after attending like 4 or 5 events if you don't go for a subscription.

Id like to give a big thanks to all the drivers that came out, and of course our committee and volunteer force. It takes alot of people to run these events and you all make it happen!

in regards to the announcing, We will have that issue resolved at future events.

Did anyone listen in on the fm station? if you did how did it sound?

I know, I know....I do enjoy running with you guys, but already paying dues to too many other clubs (mostly for vintage car clubs) that I don't use the benefits of, and BMWCCA benefits probably aren't really worth it for someone who doesn't need to buy BMW discounted parts/cars or read Roundel or go to Oktober-fest, etc. Even if I joined and got the season subscription, it would probably not break even for me since I know I have to miss at least 2 events....

EDIT: joined BMWCCA because that will be a money-saver for me with the per-event discount, but holding off on the subscription since I don't know how many events I"ll make.
    Last edited by irish44j; 03-21-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Hey guys! Who should I talk to about the results? My best time wasn't recorded.... I ran as first car (206) in the second half because of a Re-run that was unaccounted for.
    I spilled my groceries...

Quote Originally Posted by otranscendental View Post
    Hey guys! Who should I talk to about the results? My best time wasn't recorded.... I ran as first car (206) in the second half because of a Re-run that was unaccounted for.
    Please post here (follow the instructions): http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...Be-Posted-Here!

This was my last run. I was pushing too hard through the finish and crushed the last cone before the lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twCmHa868m0

That was a good run, Sam. Great course had a blast! For some reason my stupid camera didn't record 1 lap so I can't even see where I dropped the ball.

Thanks everyone for a fun day. What a great course and fantastic people for a 1st autocross. I am really proud of my 8.5 second improvement from my first to last run.

Pics are up! Keep in mind that any profits go back in to the autocross program. You can get anything from the digital downloads to prints to novelty items (coffee mug anyone?). You can also leave comments or rank the pics as you like. Let me know what you think!

http://katiethayer.smugmug.com/NCC-Autocross

~Katie

I understand about the times ... we will work on a solution for future events.
    Why don't you make the person running timing do the announcing as well?
    Last edited by agreatham; 03-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Thread Information