Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

@Katie - Happy someone will post better pics than the crap I took haha......were you there for the 2nd PM run group?

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    very happy with my times considering my stock alignment/camber settings and very basic mods.
    17th best time overall out of 115 cars
    2nd fastest Subaru out of 10 cars
    no cones on my last 3 runs
    know exactly where I left a full second or so on my best run....

Stupid $100k Porsche GT3 kept me off the podium. That's simply not fair :P

Also, I noticed that my buddy Darius (the guy with the black Maxima) is listed as driving a Red 240sx in Modified 1...uh...hmm. He was in a black maxima in X3 lol...
    You better tell Mr. Darius to register with the correct car - http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/drive...4215&LMID=2913

Please make a post in the results correction thread. Thanks.

I already posted about darius in the correction thread.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I already posted about darius in the correction thread.
    Did you mention the change in the make and model?

Jumping cones, you need to watch for them ...

(Sorry course workers ...)

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You better tell Mr. Darius to register with the correct car - http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/drive...4215&LMID=2913
    He gets confused between his imaginary car and his real one sometimes...

ugh man 1st run 46.748 and I think it was clean too... damn stop box! Oh well, I can stop holding my breath for that clean 47.593... Was anticipating the results wondering if it were clean or not.

and WOW, there are actually people who made 4 clean runs. Congrats to:
    Steele, Jeff
    McVeay, Craig
    Higgins, Christopher
    Arthur, David

4 out of 115(?) had clean runs, damn lol. I've never seen so many +1-9 and +OFF's, ever! lmao.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

THIS POST IS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT! Event #1 participants, read below!

To all of our Event #1 participants, who are NOT already registered for a Season Subscription...

The committee has made available, for a very limited time, the ability for you to convert your registration to a Season Subscription! Sign up now, and you will be guaranteed your choice of run session, car number, and your registration will be good for the entire year. The best perk of all is of course a discounted rate on the remaining events.

Please take advantage of this limited time offer. The registration link below will remain valid until this Thursday at 11:59PM. After that, it will be event-by-event for the rest of the year. No further Season Subscriptions will be offered.

Here's the link: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/nccbm...4202&LMID=2912

We hope to see you out there at all of our NCC Autocross events!
    Mike R.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy
    Did you mention the change in the make and model?
    No, I just asked to throw his results in the correct class.
    Mike R.

Moose and I were there all day. I took 250-300 each heat and the second AM group had more because I let Bogdan abscond with my camera. We're working on uploading now and then I'll post the link.

~Katie

Talking

HAHA who would have thought a 5-series would take showroom!?! What an awesome day, it really helped to work the course first and see everyone chopping up the slalom and blasting the last cone through the chicane. I thought I hit like 3 cones on my last run which was 50.5 or so but it was only 1!!! damn it

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Steele, Jeff
    Thanks, but the trade off was a fastest time of only 55.969 and fifth in my class. I was tip-toeing through the boxes. Next time I won't be so afraid to sacrifice a few cones.
    Jeff Steele, 2009 135i, Le Mans Blue

ugh man 1st run 46.748 and I think it was clean too... damn stop box! Oh well, I can stop holding my breath for that clean 47.593... Was anticipating the results wondering if it were clean or not.

Steele, Jeff
    McVeay, Craig
    Higgins, Christopher
    Arthur, David

4 out of 115(?) had clean runs, damn lol. I've never seen so many +1-9 and +OFF's, ever! lmao.
    I hope people still had fun. It is more than than normal, but hitting cones is part of autocross.

For the next event we can do 6 pointer cones and a 1/4 mile stop box.

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    I hope people still had fun. It is more than than normal, but hitting cones is part of autocross.

For the next event we can do 6 pointer cones and a 1/4 mile stop box.
    I'd prefer a 1/2 mile straight then a 1/4 mile stopbox please. K thx bye.

Here's my video. Since I don't know the exact times or cones I just put estimates. I see a couple areas I could have improved on but nothing too significant. Lack of power killed me after the second crossover going up the hill . Didn't get my second run, camera shut off from the launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqTv3N4RQl4
    I almost took this exact line (I went wider before the entrance to the chicane) through the course on my best run, but it looks like you still had almost 2 seconds on me! Sorry to see that you nailed a stop box cone, that was a great run.

Overall, I'm very happy with my line, time, and place! I felt much more composed than I did last season, and I attribute this to not hauling ass into slow turns and understeering like crazy. I really tried to focus on maintaining momentum just before the islands exiting the lower lot so that I could be flat-out for a longer period of time leading up to, and through, the chicane.

EDIT: Since Josh likes to mention stock settings, I thought I'd say that I'm 100% stock in case he says otherwise (Yes, Potenza RE05As are stock on the first gen MS3...so is the K04 at 15.6PSI.)
    Last edited by RedMS3; 03-21-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information