Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

2nd event ever + stock non-sport suspension + school last weekend + great driving advice from everyone I talked to = 3 clean runs and a mid-pack finish. I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    To all of our Event #1 participants, who are NOT already registered for a Season Subscription...

The committee has made available, for a very limited time, the ability for you to convert your registration to a Season Subscription! Sign up now, and you will be guaranteed your choice of run session, car number, and your registration will be good for the entire year. The best perk of all is of course a discounted rate on the remaining events.

Please take advantage of this limited time offer. The registration link below will remain valid until this Thursday at 11:59PM. After that, it will be event-by-event for the rest of the year. No further Season Subscriptions will be offered.

Here's the link: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/nccbm...4202&LMID=2912

We hope to see you out there at all of our NCC Autocross events!
    Quick question - although I would generally run in the PM sessions, there may be a few events where I'd rather do the AM. If I sign up for the subscription, will I be able to swich AM and PM as I want to?

Also, is this open to non-BMWCCA members too?
    Last edited by irish44j; 03-21-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    EDIT: Since Josh likes to mention stock settings, I thought I'd say that I'm 100% stock in case he says otherwise (Yes, Potenza RE05As are stock on the first gen MS3...so is the K04 at 15.6PSI.)
    Actually I was just telling my wife like 5 minutes ago how you were bone-stock and how impressive it was that you were putting up times like that, beating that GT3 as well....

I compare my "relative stockness" to most of the other Subies that were out there

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Quick question - although I would generally run in the PM sessions, there may be a few events where I'd rather do the AM. If I sign up for the subscription, will I be able to swich AM and PM as I want to?
    Sure. All you need to do is change your registration in DLB Racing before the AM session fills up.

And this can be done on an event by event basis.

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post

4 out of 115(?) had clean runs, damn lol. I've never seen so many +1-9 and +OFF's, ever! lmao.
    A lot of folks shaking off winter dust I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Actually I was just telling my wife like 5 minutes ago how you were bone-stock and how impressive it was that you were putting up times like that, beating that GT3 as well....

I compare my "relative stockness" to most of the other Subies that were out there
    Oh Well, that was nice of you. Now I feel bad for preemptively mentioning it now, lol. I was just lucky that GT3 had an affinity for cones.

Hahaha! I worked that corner, at least you hit them with AUTHORITY!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Jumping cones, you need to watch for them ...

(Sorry course workers ...)

Just a suggestion, when times are announced at the end of the run could the +cones or "off course" also be announced. That way people like myself would know that they missed the same gate every run! Sucks working on my suspension for two weeks just to have DNS after every time. Thanks! Still had a lot of fun though. Loved the course and met some new peeps.

I had a great time - the weather was perfect! I didn't drive too well unfortunately, but regardless it was nice to get out and enjoy the car considering a month ago there was snow on the ground. Thinking it might be time to get rid of the stock crappy conti's... they don't seem to be helping anything

As always thanks to everyone that pull the event together!
    Last edited by fitchesbass; 03-21-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S2KSEOUL View Post
    Just a suggestion, when times are announced at the end of the run could the +cones or "off course" also be announced. That way people like myself would know that they missed the same gate every run! Sucks working on my suspension for two weeks just to have DNS after every time. Thanks! Still had a lot of fun though. Loved the course and met some new peeps.
    I think at this event they didn't have the final cone tally on-tap immediately, since the time announcer is standing over by the finish gate, not in the tent with the timing computers and the guy who is marking down the cone hits (at least at this event).

During the afternoon session, first heat, I was talking with the guy that was announcing the times. The problem was that the time and person announcing the times weren't near the tent and didn't have a walkie talkie to hear of any cones / off-course adventures from course workers. It's a good idea, and I think we even mentioned it during the event, but unfortunately there were only so many walkie talkies to go around... and priority goes to the course workers.

I understand about the times ... we will work on a solution for future events.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Sure. All you need to do is change your registration in DLB Racing before the AM session fills up.

And this can be done on an event by event basis.
    also, is this for BMWCCA members only, or the rest of us joes too?

Oh, forgot to post my vid, looks like I use the point and shoot method of driving:

Last edited by S2KSEOUL; 03-21-2010 at 06:58 PM.

I'm real happy to get third in class (X3), just a blink out of second and less than a second from the win. That's a nice confidence boost heading into the SCCA and AI seasons even though I'll be running different cars in those events.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, and seeing everyone in Waldorf next month.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Thread Information