Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    One more video, just for fun. I only got my first run. I coned at the end of the slalom, and dubbed over the resulting language (pretty sure I heard the same thing on another vid) Still just fooling with iMovie, so don't mind the stupid sound fx. This run was a 46.725+1. In later runs I went flat and straight through the chicane and fixed the problem with the second sweeper, but only picked up .55 sec. That would have been good enough if Scott hadn't shown up to run an insane 45.733 in Steven K's car.
    Hey Ron, nice runs! You have good instincts. Steve told me that you were faster in the last sweeper. I had to keep my mistakes to a minimum to stay ahead of yah! It was pretty fun going through that kink coming up the hill WOT wasn't it?

Good job on the course Sam. It definitely drove faster than it looked. I know its hard to design a course with those islands, just keep trying different things.

I had a lot of fun on Saturday, it was good to see old friends and meet some new ones. Thanks for the pictures Katie (btw-- can we save them??). And thanks Steve for letting me co-drive!

Last edited by joenationwide; 03-22-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    That was an oversight on setup, but it was noted and corrected for future events. The announcer will be sitting with the timing crew to call out times and penalty for all future events.

And hopefully names.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Can't explain the lack of Audis or MBs this time around. Last October when I ran there were a couple of pretty impressive examples of both in the afternoon session. I can't get into specifics since I don't know jack about which model is which with either brand. I do know one of the Benzes had folks oohing and aahing pretty good.

The variety of what shows up to autocross is one of the big attractions. Some groups are more diverse than others. At a CDC event you'll have everything from the phony Cobras to a Morgan or a Jensen Healey or a TR-6. My pretty typical autocrossing Miata was almost beat by a purple MGB-GT last fall. That would have been embarrassing.
    I remember a 07 or 08 black C63 AMG getting sideways at the Bowie venue last year. Car is a monster.

What model of HJC Helmets were the loaners? I really liked them and want to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    What model of HJC Helmets were the loaners? I really liked them and want to buy one.
    HJC CL-31 - Just make 100% sure it's SNELL rated, not just DOT.

It sure felt good to shake off some winter cobwebs this weekend, and what a nice day! Thanks for taking all the pics Katie...there are some great ones.
    Wade Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    I remember a 07 or 08 black C63 AMG getting sideways at the Bowie venue last year. Car is a monster.
    I believe a couple of those guys at the Bowie event were asked not to come back after doing donuts on the course , then later in the back of the parking lot as well.

The MB guys (not the ones that joined us last year) have their own season series that they do, all events on the same Winchester lot. They don't need us :-) They get 40-50 cars, do 4 AM and 4 PM runs, and break for lunch. I do as many as I can. One of their main guys is Ted Joseph, who's also part of the Capital Driving Club org.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    It's too much chaos for one person. Trust me on that one. Bowie is easy to time with only two cars on course, but it gets even crazier with three or four.
    I've done it before with three active timers and there are plenty of people who are better at it than I am. How about having the backup timer do the announcing? He/she will just be reading what they have to write down anyway.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    I've done it before with three active timers and there are plenty of people who are better at it than I am. How about having the backup timer do the announcing? He/she will just be reading what they have to write down anyway.
    Do I hear you volunteering to run timing?

I heard it! Mike will be timing a session at the next event.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I heard it! Mike will be timing a session at the next event.
    I think that he asked for a challenge. He's going to be working timing at our Summit Point events where I can put four cars on course.

I think that he asked for a challenge. He's going to be working timing at our Summit Point events where I can put four cars on course.
    Bring it, baby! Extreme timing and announcing!
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I'm pretty sure I've seen Alex do everything except back-up timing (timing, announcing, and walkie comm with workers) herself. I recall thinking there was no way I could do that, that every third run would require a re-run and we'd finish in the dark.

Hey guys, who do i talk about changing my car profile? i have a 325ci not 328...

Prorated Season Subscription

I just signed up for the Prorated Season Subscription and its only $175!

I'm psyched to be at all the events this year. The Maxima will finally be put out of race duty and the 240sx should be there for April.
    I spilled my groceries...

Thread Information