Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Is there a chance we could get turned away if we walked on in the PM session?

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    I think that we should be able to accommodate ~20 walk-up registrations. That said, if we do have to turn people away, it will be on a first come, first serve basis. (I really hope that we can accommodate everyone who wishes to participate).

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    Only if you're planning to run in T2

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    With his new "cheater" tires and lack of power, I wouldn't be surprised if he whooped me this weekend.
    So, what is this year's "cheater" tire? Or will I have to wait until tomorrow to look myself?

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    So, what is this year's "cheater" tire? Or will I have to wait until tomorrow to look myself?
    Ron, run out to your nearest Sears store tonight! Their Skidmore all-seasons, especially the May Pop XR is the tire to use for T2 this year.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    I drove with you during the school. I am taking your driving as a threat as serious as Ron and Woody - for good reason.

I think your times will speak for themselves.
    That's a very big compliment coming from you Noel, but I fear that it was your teaching that helped me fair well at the school. You being in the car was possibly a lucky charm for me ahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Ron, run out to your nearest Sears store tonight! Their Skidmore all-seasons, especially the May Pop XR is the tire to use for T2 this year.
    You just run that same Skidmore tire with about 10 psi in each tire and the rest of us will have a fighting chance!

My son and I had a great time today. Thank you for all the hard work of the volunteers that helped to organize the event. Everything ran like clockwork, the course was challenging and fun. Just a great time!!!!

Can't wait for the next event.

Had a great time as always. Can't wait to see the results. I believe my best was a 47.5(23?) and I think clean. I think my first runs raw time was in the high 46 but I plowed through the super short stop box since I was carrying so much speed to the finish. That's really my only gripe with the course, and I know I wasn't the only one to do that at the finish. We all know braking in a straight line is best, atleast give a couple more feet inside the stop box.

Hopefully I'll have my video up tomorrow. Didn't get my second run, camera shut off from the vibration on the lanch...

EDIT: after watching my vids, sounds like my third run was my best at 47.597, hopefully clean. Looking over the shoulders on timing, the computer didn't have any cones added from what I could tell...
    Last edited by civicexracer; 03-20-2010 at 07:29 PM.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Whew, what beautiful weather today! Had a great time and got a nice tour around an M coupe from Darkfiber. Also, saw a Ford GT on 495 on my way back. Can' wait until the results come out and the next event!

Had a great time today as usual. I wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong and improve my time a bit. My best time today was 54.023 or something like that, will have to wait till the times are posted.

Folks, I had a blast, great way to start off a season of autocross. I had three 49's in a row in the Corolla but none were flawless, but I'm hoping the gentle run I took which clocked in a 50 at the end was coneless.

This was my first time with your group, and I must say you are all a good lot. I'm glad you all enjoyed my announcing too =)

-Jim

Good event today guys. Fred, I am dialing in camber tomorrow. :P

will have a few crappy pics to post in a few minutes.

It was a "challenging" course to say the least! I think the course was laid out in such a way that only the finest drivers could get a clean run in, and then only if all the stars aligned. I think I got five or six cones on my first run and only got a clean run in on my last (I hope!). I was happy with the times but not thrilled with the sloppiness. But I was running a car I don't usually autocross and only discovered yesterday while prepping it that my good wheel/tire combo doesn't work on said car. So I ran the wife's Mazdaspeed Miata on its everyday tires and slid the crate around quite a bit. Might not have been fast but it was fun to do and probably fun to watch as I teetered on the ragged edge of disaster in places. With a little more grip I probably would have been dangerous.

I bet you'll see me and the missus play with you guys again next month when you run in Waldorf. Autocrosses ten minutes from the driveway can't be passed up.
    Last edited by Claff; 03-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    It was a "challenging" course to say the least! I think the course was laid out in such a way that only the finest drivers could get a clean run in, and then only if all the stars aligned.
    I'm really wondering if anyone got a full set of clean runs lol.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

My wonderful wife, who had not hit a cone in her entire autocross career (that admittedly only started last summer), got her first today. That's saying something.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Thread Information