Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone here used iRacing.com?

Thread: Anyone here used iRacing.com?

Anyone here used iRacing.com?

Does anyone have any experiences (good, bad or indifferent) with iRacing.com?

Anders posted a video on facebook of him using a PS3 racing program, NFS, which got me on this topic. I don't have Xbox or PS3, just Wii. There are no good Wii racing programs, as far I can tell, for Wii.

Anders is using the Logitech G25 wheel, pedals, and six speed shifter. This sounds really neat, and I am now looking into getting this setup.

In lieu of buying the PS3, I found iRacing.com. Is this a good PC based program? Sounds like a great way to practice Summit Pt and VIR, as well as Laguna Seca, and some other tracks I've only heard about!

Any thoughts and suggestions are, as always, very much appreciated (both as to games/programs/hardware). Thanks!

i've heard of iracing.com, but never checked it out. PS3 is a lot of fun and doubles as BluRay; thats my solution
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I've heard a lot of good things about iRacing Ethan, and I'll probably get into it shortly as my setup is coming along. The videos they show comparing real life driving to the game is impressive. The only drawback I have is the monthly subscription cost and I need a computer with this and that hardware. It does have VIR and Summit which is great. VIR is also in Ferrari challenge, but is not really accurate.

PS3 FTW. And soon GT5 is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    PS3 FTW. And soon GT5 is coming
    Let's hope it's finally released. I've only been waiting for 2 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Let's hope it's finally released. I've only been waiting for 2 years now.
    I know, me too. It better be good after all this waiting around.

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    I know, me too. It better be good after all this waiting around.
    The demo (with the Nissan Z's) showed promise. The steering dynamics, IMO, are much better than previous editions. It looks like you will need a race wheel setup to be even close to smooth now.

Forza 3 + the microsoft wheel & pedals set has been pretty fun for a while now. Its the cheapest barrier-to-entry set I know of where you can get the software, wheel, and pedals for $150. (Assuming you already have an xbox)
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Thread Information