Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Passing of Dr. Bill Scott

Thread: Passing of Dr. Bill Scott

Passing of Dr. Bill Scott

I must say that the obit in today's Washington Post was extremely interesting. Having never met him, and only having been to Summit Point two handfuls of times during the last 25 years, I'm clearly an outsider. Nevertheless, I was impressed and can imagine how everyone will appreciate the multiple dimensions of such an accomplished person, as revealed in the paper's writeup. Impressive. I'm sure our chapter will be in due course sending appropriate condolences to the family.

With all due respect for the cycle of life personified by this passing, and thinking...shall we say selfishly...from NCCBMWCCA's viewpoint, do we know if the future of Summit Point is in question - in any way, shape or form - that we might be aware of?

Whatever the answer, and more important at this moment in time: my sympathy and sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Dr. Scott.

I think the future of Summit Point has always been in question.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I think the future of Summit Point has always been in question.
    Exactly.

There is one big error in the otherwise interesting Post Obit. The 1970 incident that injured Bill's hip was not a "racing accident". His FV racecar had become disabled during a practice session. Bill walked over a hill to an adjacent public road to wait for his crew member (Tom Milner) to arrive with help. When he saw Tom approaching, he ran into the road to be sure Tom would see him and was struck by another car. He was not standing in the middle of the track as the article indicated.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information