Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Love the new look! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Love the new look!

Rather than the sidebar having a bunch of lines from the post, I'd rather see who sent it. What was broke with the old message board?

And Chuck - yes you are a geezer (too).
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Rather than the sidebar having a bunch of lines from the post, I'd rather see who sent it. What was broke with the old message board?

And Chuck - yes you are a geezer (too).
    I believe that is a bug that needs to be corrected in the next version.
    The reason for the update is so it can integrate with the homepage.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm just a geezer, but in my opinion the new look and feel simply sux! Not very intutitive to manuever through and I miss the side bar.

Sorry, but no points for this version.

Chuck
    I agree (another geezer!). I find the new format hard to read too.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwcs3 View Post
    I agree (another geezer!). I find the new format hard to read too.
    I know change is hard to come by.
    I remember when we closed the NCC yahoo list people didn't like the forum concept.
    So we created another mailing list which no one used. ??

I am going to lay out a plan for the site in a few days.
    But I need specifics what makes it hard to read.
    Some things I can change, some I can't. Some I will find a way.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post

I am going to lay out a plan for the site in a few days.
    But I need specifics what makes it hard to read.
    Some things I can change, some I can't. Some I will find a way.
    First of all, thank you for putting in the time and effort to get this done. Most people don't seem to realize that volunteers run this organization and unlike a business, do this in their spare time and with no pay! So, thank you.

Here are my 2 cents:
    - the color (light blue) does not provide enough contrast to those of us that use reading glasses - too soft
    - the bars or colors between each thread just merge into each other
    - I tend to use the "New Posts" and this version does not delineate between the last posts I viewed and old posts. The previous version indicated or separated older posts not viewed.
    - the left-side bar disappears when you use the "New Posts" feature. I would be nice to maintain it.

The new look does seem more modern, but in a less than positive way. If we had the ability to modify color patterns, then everyone could customize to their liking. And maybe it's there, but I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    - the color (light blue) does not provide enough contrast to those of us that use reading glasses - too soft
    You had to see the first beta version. It was much less contrast, but I agree. Everything is too soft for me.
    That is easily changed, but first I want to work on the functionality. In a few months I can work on different styles.
    This software is the first public version and will probably be many, many revisions.
    - the bars or colors between each thread just merge into each other
    Yea. I need to squint to see them. I'll work on making them darker.
    - I tend to use the "New Posts" and this version does not delineate between the last posts I viewed and old posts. The previous version indicated or separated older posts not viewed.
    I'll look into that.
    - the left-side bar disappears when you use the "New Posts" feature. I would be nice to maintain it.
    Currently the left side block is only one one page.
    The modification used in the last version still needs to be updated. As soon as it is, I'll install it.

The new look does seem more modern, but in a less than positive way. If we had the ability to modify color patterns, then everyone could customize to their liking. And maybe it's there, but I couldn't find it.
    You can't change the colors, but within a few months I hope to have different styles that people can choose from.
    The software was officially released Dec 21. There are many bugs still being fixed and features being requested.

I hope to present a new homepage Jan 1 which will integrate with the forum allowing committee chairs more flexibility.
    Thanks!
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I am really liking the new look. Lots of improvements since my last post. The landing page is hands down better than it was.

Great job!

I am really liking the new look. Lots of improvements since my last post. The landing page is hands down better than it was.

Great job!
    Thanks.
    By the landing page, the home page?
    The goal is for each chapter program to have their own static page.
    I'm trying to get as much automated as possible.
    A person hosting an event should only need to post the event once and have it appear in multiple places.
    If an event organizer wants to post an event at 3:00am, they should be able to.
    Still bringing in the Motorsport Registration system to the site.
    The forum software is still very new and features will be added.

Once the software becomes stable and don't expect any more major changes, then it will be time to change the style a bit.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

For whatever reason, I had to log into the forums today and there appears to be an issue with the placement of the rotating images at the top of the page. Basically, the image covers the "Remember Me" check box, preventing it from being selected even though it is visible. This is happening in Firefox on Windows XP w/ AdBlockPlus enabled. Best I can tell, this is the only log-in point into the forums and the only way to make the user ID persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    For whatever reason, I had to log into the forums today and there appears to be an issue with the placement of the rotating images at the top of the page. Basically, the image covers the "Remember Me" check box, preventing it from being selected even though it is visible. This is happening in Firefox on Windows XP w/ AdBlockPlus enabled. Best I can tell, this is the only log-in point into the forums and the only way to make the user ID persistent.
    I'm having the same issue however I had this issue when Steven first released this and it went away for some time.

I had it so the image would be below the remember me using Firefox and Explorer.
    Has this problem just started? The software was just updated and I see it behaving slightly different now when I'm not logged in.
    I will work on it.

Edit: Just check the test site. That's what it is. Something changed. I'll get it fixed tonight.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-13-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    It seems the new update is not necessarily IE8 friendly. For example, the check box under the sign-in could not be checked. It's working fine in compatibility mode.

A work in progress.

Vic
    I noticed that. The header changed a bit. Instead of links going across, it looks like links are now underneath one another taking up valuable real estate. I'll get it fixed.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Basically, the image covers the "Remember Me" check box, preventing it from being selected even though it is visible.
    It seems the new update is not necessarily IE8 friendly. For example, the check box under the sign-in could not be checked. It's working fine in compatibility mode.
    Is it better now?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Is it better now?
    Much, yes. Thanks.

Okay, so I spoke too soon. Selecting the reply button in IE8 works sporadically. Again, in compatibility mode, it's fine.

Vic
    I'll see if I can install IE8 and check things out.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information