Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 01/16/2010 - Annual NCC Autocross Meeting - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 01/16/2010 - Annual NCC Autocross Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    So if I show up with my '82 Dodge Conquest with about eight mild modifications who is going to tell me what SCCA class I'm in for PAX purposes?
    My thinking is that if you're running an '82 Conquest or any other oddball car, you'll either a) already know your car or b) just throw them into the relevant catch-all ST or Stock class.

There is a pretty detailed list out there each year for most everything that would show up at an SCCA event. Have the list at registration or a link to the list so people can figure it out themselves.

I understand the need to accommodate other makes, but this is a BMW club, and I think two classes is plenty: use PAX to determine standings or leave as-is. FYI, I may very possibly be running in non-BMW class.

I liked the pre-2009 classing system, but I still think we need to stay consistent year-to-year.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    My thinking is that if you're running an '82 Conquest or any other oddball car, you'll either a) already know your car or b) just throw them into the relevant catch-all ST or Stock class.

There is a pretty detailed list out there each year for most everything that would show up at an SCCA event. Have the list at registration or a link to the list so people can figure it out themselves.

I understand the need to accommodate other makes, but this is a BMW club, and I think two classes is plenty: use PAX to determine standings or leave as-is. FYI, I may very possibly be running in non-BMW class.

I liked the pre-2009 classing system, but I still think we need to stay consistent year-to-year.
    Pre-2009 rules were hard to understand for newcomers. Honestly, the 2009 rules changed very little from what existed in 2008 and prior other than the elimination of the either or rules (confusing).

The thing to note is that a overwhelming majority of participants noted that they were happy (no modifications needed) to our 2009 rules according to the survey published to all participants.

Just food for thought ...

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Pre-2009 rules were hard to understand for newcomers. Honestly, the 2009 rules changed very little from what existed in 2008 and prior other than the elimination of the either or rules (confusing).

The thing to note is that a overwhelming majority of participants noted that they were happy (no modifications needed) to our 2009 rules according to the survey published to all participants.

Just food for thought ...
    I was one of those, and that's partly my point. I don't think the BMW rules should be touched (except for allowing fixed back seats in Tuner). The rules/classes aren't going to make me stop autocrossing.

I'm fine with the non-BMW classes how they are right now, but it's clear that a stock Hyundai Accent on snow tires has no equalizer-factor to a Corvette on OEM tires. I'm perfectly fine with that, but I'm assuming some people running in non-BMW classes would want to have some type of factor to determine if they're on par with the Corvette. That's why I'm suggesting PAX.

Thread Information