Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Interesting News - BMW to Use the Port of Baltimore

Thread: Interesting News - BMW to Use the Port of Baltimore

Interesting News - BMW to Use the Port of Baltimore

http://baltimore.bizjournals.com/bal...4/daily11.html

Whether it makes a difference in how fast you get your new car I don't know, but it is good for Baltimore.

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Gee, I posted this today as soon as I saw it, and didn't really read it carefully.

The article implies that BMW will stop importing via Charleston. I wonder:
    • Does that eliminate Performance Center Delivery?
    • From where will they ship out the vehicles made at Spartanburg?
    Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

I hate to date myself, but I worked for an importer at the
    Baltimore port, I drove Datsun 240s and Fairladys, along with Fiats, Renaults and the new Subaru 360s!

I saw a release that said they would continue to use the Charleston, SC port for the SE U.S. as well as exports from the Greer factory. It was curious that they didn't mention the large port facility in New Jersey.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I hate to date myself, but I worked for an importer at the
    Baltimore port, I drove Datsun 240s and Fairladys, along with Fiats, Renaults and the new Subaru 360s!
    Gee, does the word Hobelmann ring a bell?

I never worked there, but I have friends that did - it was their first chance to drive a 911.

At that time I was slinging VW brake drums, etc. over the counter as a parts guy.

Have Fun,
    Rick

Thread Information