Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Break Pedal Goes To the Floor when Breaking

Thread: Break Pedal Goes To the Floor when Breaking

Break Pedal Goes To the Floor when Breaking

Wow, in the last few days I have noticed my break pedal has gone down to the floor. My first instinct was that my E30 fluid level must be low, a leak in the break lines or Master Cylinder is kaputt. I ckd the break fluid level on the reservoir which said refill. So I put Dot 4 fluid in and so all was well ,so I thought, for the next couple of days. So I did visual ck of any leaks on break lines which showed no sign of leaks. So I ckd the master cylinder and noticed leak btwn master cylinder and the reservoir. It had slow constant drip from the front end of the reservoir. I ckd my bentley book which indicated that the reservoir sits on top of master cylinder held by 2 grommets. I figured lets replace those first before replacing master cylinder. I called Russell BMW which didn't have them on sight but would have them the next day and they did. Wow I said. I have not replaced the old with the new yet. I will keep you all posted.

I had the same symptom on our '85 325e. I replaced the brake master cylinder (the ATE cylinder came with 2 new grommets), cleaned out the reservoir, pressure bled and problem solved. Original one only lasted 24.5 years and 165K miles.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information