Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
RIP - Bill Scott

Thread: RIP - Bill Scott

RIP - Bill Scott

Bill Scott, the longtime owner of Summit Point Raceway and founder of the Bill Scott Racing driver schools (BSR), passed away today after a short illness. He is a former National Champion in Formula Vee, Formula Ford and Formula SuperVee classes. Bill also won the Formula Vee World Championship at the Nurburgring. When Bill first started training other drivers at Summit point he used his BMW 2002 daily driver that I had financed for him when I was a loan officer at First Virginia Bank. He always expressed a fondness for the National Capital Chapter and was very helpful in providing his facility for our driver schools and race corrals. Funeral arrangements have not been announced yet.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Bill Scott

Thousands of us will miss you very much, Bill. Thank you so much for sharing your time and friendship with us.

Alan

From Jens (Bill's Son):

Services will be held Thursday at Trinty Episcopal Church in Upperville, VA.

Call the Summit Point front office @ 340.725.8444 for specific information.

RIP Bill.

Very sad news.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I only met Bill and his wife, Barbara, in October at the British car festival held at their farm in Middleburg. He invited reps of the German marques to attend, in hopes of organizing a similar festival for us. Let's hope we can still make this a reality, to his memory.
    Last edited by John in VA; 12-07-2009 at 09:40 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information