Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E30 Radio Removal tool?

Thread: E30 Radio Removal tool?

E30 Radio Removal tool?

Would like to borrow this tool. Would anyone be willing to lend it for a short period of time? Or could come to you and remove the radio in your driveway.

Depending on which head unit you have, you might not need the 5-sided Allen wrench.
    My '85 did not have a "code" radio, and it was removed by first removing the thin plastic surround with your fingers or a thin screwdriver, then releasing the clips on the left and right sides to slide the unit out.
    If you have the head unit with the small tabs on the left and right edges, use a small thin flat-bladed screwdriver to open the tabs to the outside of the unit. You can then use the same small flat-blade screwdriver to turn the 5-sided bolt head counter-clockwise to release the tabs. You might find a smaller Allen hex wrench will work when wedged into place.
    I have the tool, but I'm in Leesburg.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information