Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
12/12/2009 - Winter Tour 2009 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 12/12/2009 - Winter Tour 2009

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    OK, I'll make the executive decision to meet at Montgomery Mall at 6:45a and we'll leave promptly at 7am (damn, is the sun even out then?).

We meet at the gas station at the corner of Westlake Dr and Demcracy Blvd (I believe its a Shell). Please add yourself to the list below if you plan to meet me, otherwise I'll just head straight to Occaquan.

Montgomery Mall caravan to Occaquan
    1. pseto
    See you at 6:45 (damn that's early!)

Just got back from the tour. The roads were awesome!!!!! had a great time. Food was good too.
    Hope the PoPo didn't quite figure out just who he was looking for as we arrived at the second winery. With all those Bimmers it looked like he was a bit confused .

Fernando

Man, this was a blast. Can't wait till the next one. Food was amazing as was the company.
    Last edited by Highflyr777; 12-12-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Winter Tour

Thanks for setting up the tour! We had a blast!

Great trip, great meal, met some really nice people. Looking forward to the next trip.

Thanks again

Man, that was fun. Enjoyed the people, the roads, the cars, the food, the beautiful scenery . . .

Looking forward to the next one.

Awesome tour, great food, great people, great roads.

Trying to keep up with Algie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMqoY2QivfM

I screwed up the sound, hence music instead. Spaghetti with ice patch start at 6:30.

Thanks for a great day! I had a blast driving through the countryside. As everyone else said, great food and wine, too!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the next one.

- Gina -

definitely a great time yesterday. thanks to Algie for planning the awesome route, great lunch, and excellent wineries. some of those roads had my heart pounding with excitement; good thing there werent many cars coming in the other directions.

it was also great to see/meet some new people and hopefully they'll come out to more events, like Thursday's social in Rockville (shameless plug )
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

We had a great time too. Thanks for planning and organizing the drive, Algie. The drive was fascinating, the food at the Bavarian chef reminded me of the years I lived in Germany, and the winery visit was interesting.

Unfortunately, I got a call on our way to the second winery and had to head back to go to the office. As we went by the second winery we noticed all the commotion with the local cops. What happened? I hope no one got in trouble.

Best regards, Phil

That's messed up. Chrysler had a great product. Wow being so used to rwd vs fwd. It looks weird.

for those who passed on the bacon at the meat place, it was probably the best i've ever had. thick cut, lots of meat, and wonderful flavor. i'll be throwing the ribeyes on the grill tomorrow night.

anyone remember what the woman said about who long to cook each side? i know she said to grill them frozen and to not thaw, but dont remember how long to sear each side

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    for those who passed on the bacon at the meat place, it was probably the best i've ever had. thick cut, lots of meat, and wonderful flavor. i'll be throwing the ribeyes on the grill tomorrow night.

anyone remember what the woman said about who long to cook each side? i know she said to grill them frozen and to not thaw, but dont remember how long to sear each side
    Had some pie last night - loved it.
    Had some of that bacon this AM, - I agree, simply DELICIOUS!

The meat lady said:

Throw the frozen meat on a hot grill and

Rare: 3 min per side, then 4 min per side

Pink: add 4 min per side

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett W View Post
    Had some pie last night - loved it.
    Had some of that bacon this AM, - I agree, simply DELICIOUS!

The meat lady said:

Throw the frozen meat on a hot grill and

Rare: 3 min per side, then 4 min per side

Pink: add 4 min per side
    thanks Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by philrodo View Post
    We had a great time too. Thanks for planning and organizing the drive, Algie. The drive was fascinating, the food at the Bavarian chef reminded me of the years I lived in Germany, and the winery visit was interesting.

Unfortunately, I got a call on our way to the second winery and had to head back to go to the office. As we went by the second winery we noticed all the commotion with the local cops. What happened? I hope no one got in trouble.

Best regards, Phil
    Im curious as to what happened also!

Thanks to everyone for the kudos on the tour. Despite my procrastination in getting the word out the turn out was still impressive (21 cars). The next one will be back to Catoctin Mountain Orchard will be in January hopefully. Just looked at their site and the close Feb - May. Nice part is the route is planned already. Just need to source a indoor start point. Lesson learned from last year.

And Mark I thought that was a camera mounted to the mirror.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 12-13-2009 at 08:59 PM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Thread Information