Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Favorite Car Enthusiast Movies?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Car Enthusiast Movies?

Cool Favorite Car Enthusiast Movies?

As winter starts to settle in, it's time to turn to the car guy movie library to get through the cold nights. There are a few favorites; Worlds Fastest Indian, Gone in 60 seconds (original & new versions), Vanishing Point, Cars...

Anyone have one, or two they like?
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

If you have iTunes, you can download Truth in 24 for free at the iTunes store. It documents the Audi team's preparation and race for the 2008 Le Mans 24 Hours.

http://www.truthin24.com/#/the_story/

Here is a youtube trailer:

Also, the original Le Mans movie is always good.
    Last edited by clutch; 11-29-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Just to make sure the obvious choices are mentioned:
    • Bullitt
    • Le Mans
    • Grand Prix
    • French Connection
    Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

As Rick said, Le Mans and Grand Prix.
    Days of Thunder
    Thunder Road (late 50s)
    A Man and a Woman (French - 60's) (Your mate will like it for the love story too)
    Winning (60's) with Paul Newman

I started watching Talladega Nights/Ricky Bobby a couple of weeks ago. I thought it so bad I turned it off after 20 minutes. The Sly Sallone movie about Indy car racing was equally as bad.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I like the old Herbie movies. lots of cool cars in the background too.

Haven't seen Grand Prix, Truth in 24, or California Kid yet. Might also delve into some 70's nostalgia starting with some Burt Reynolds movies; Cannonball Run I & II, Smokey and the Bandit. Maybe a Herbie movie if it turns out to be a long winter

Went through some late 60's and early 70's last year. Topped off with American Graffiti & Two Lane Black Top.
    Supercharged '03 530

Mad Max was on last week. That blown V8 got me threw the dark car years of the 80's.
    Supercharged '03 530

Greased Lightning
    Heart Like a Wheel

I remember watching those as a kid feeding my passion for cars.

EDIT...just looked up Greased Lighning on IMDB....guess where it was filmed...

Danville, VA
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

There is also "The Driver" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b-Mg...eature=related

The original "The Getaway" or anything McQueen, if one can tolerate Eurofilms, Alain Delon is good; "Three men to kill" being my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKpbt...eature=related

or Paul Belmondo in "Le Marginal":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz0ZY...eature=related

...of course nothing tops "The Star": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dYv_gKTA8

Ronin
    Bourne 1
    Matrix 2

Great chase scenes.

I thought winter was the season to take the cars apart, get them sorted and ready for the show/shine/driving season??

That's what I'll be doing...
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldsbeaker View Post
    I thought winter was the season to take the cars apart, get them sorted and ready for the show/shine/driving season??

That's what I'll be doing...
    That also. Just received a new/used cylindar head, and planning on ordering some other goodies.

Last edited by JC5; 12-02-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    Supercharged '03 530

Hey, just stumbled upon this nice post.

I'm more of a scifi/ horror fan, so classics like:
    1. The Car (loved that horn)
    2. Christine, and
    3. Transformers

...come to mind.
    Although, "French Connection" needs a second mention. Great car chase scenes. I kinda forgot about those types of cars were practically battleships on wheels!

Transporter 1,2, and 3
    All the Bourne movies
    Dark Night

tons others but I don't feel like typing

+1 on the Transporter series and the Italian Job had some good driving scenes with the Minis
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

[QUOTE=pseto;34657and the Italian Job had some good driving scenes with the Minis[/QUOTE]

The first one, or the 2nd?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information