Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2010 F1 rules

Thread: 2010 F1 rules

2010 F1 rules

What? No refueling? That seems so boring not to have fuel strategy for the race and qualifying. How will the "ice man" get warmed up?

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    How will the "ice man" get warmed up?
    He's going to have to get himself a ride first.

Didn't they also ban tire changes for a season a few years ago? Lot of good that did. Fuel strategy has been the only thing that has kept a GP from being a passing-free parade of cars. I'm fascinated/horrified to see how much more boring F1 can make itself.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

There was a time when no refueling was allowed. Don't know why they started back again.

But I see the safety side of it, but also how it's just going to create less room for changes to the grid from qualifying. Maybe they should just do F1 Time Trials?

I believe Ross Brawn to be a genius. Forget about all the championships he won while working with Schumacher, but he bought Honda F1 for $1, got everyone including drivers to work for cheap, read the rules and saw a gray area on the diffuser, won championship and now sells 75% of the shares to Mercedes:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...16133246.shtml

Why is this guy not running BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    I

Why is this guy not running BMW?
    Because BMW no longer has a team?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I was thinking more like the head of BMW Motorsport...I think they would have done better with someone like him. But it was the bean counters in Munchen that pulled the plug. Supposedly cause of their Efficient Dynamics program and F1 not fitting into it with KERS being a disaster and all. Also, they said people don't watch F1...

Anyway, I am glad to see manufacturers leave F1, leaving room for small teams with the hope it will be less corporate.

Mercedes has dropped McLaren as its official team, bought Brawn, and renamed it Mercedes GP. But apparently that hasn't set well with everyone on the Board:

"A member of Mercedes parent Daimler AG's Betriebsrat (supervisory board) has criticised the decision to buy the 2009 championship-winning Brawn GP Formula One team.
    Erich Klemm, chairman of Daimler's Corporate Works Council and an employee representative, said the "exit at McLaren Mercedes was a chance to completely leave the costly and controversial circus."

FI may be costly and a circus, but I love it.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

If anything is a circus, it's IRL. At least F1 doesn't drive kit cars...I guess that's where they get the costly part.

I think seeing all the pristine tracks is half the fun for me.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    costly and controversial circus."

Manufacturers made this such a costly business with their big budgets. Bernie, of course has his fingers in it too. Manufacturers want to show up in pressed shirts and parade drivers to kiss sponsor's asses and don't want any controversy. So let them go.

The way I see it, F1 budgets will be cut, more manufacturers will leave, smaller teams will come in their place. Smaller teams=enthusiasts who will be hungry for wins and don't have to wait for the corporate board to make up their mind. I am hoping for arrival of future characters in the likes of Senna, Hunt, Lauda, heck I'll even take Irvine...

Bright days are ahead.

Thread Information