Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Diff Fluid change on E34 535i: What "tool" do you use?

Thread: Diff Fluid change on E34 535i: What "tool" do you use?

Diff Fluid change on E34 535i: What "tool" do you use?

Changing the diff fluid on the E34 535i requires a 14mm hex wrench but one that is short enough to fit in there. Was wondering what you use and if available, could I see a picture of it? I've heard of people cutting larger wrenches down to fit, but just can't visualize it.

Thanks in advance.

Harbor Freight had an allen wrench set that went to 14mm last I was looking for one.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

The good thing about the Harbor Freight set was that the hex bit is removable from the socket piece since it is held in by one of those small recessed hex screws. I had the same problem and was glad I could remove it and either use a box or adjustable wrench to turn it, or fit a 3/8 socket to fit it to a smaller socket wrench which might give you just enough clearance.

See the little allen screw insert in the next to last bit.

Here is the link to the Metric set.
    9 Piece 3/8" and 1/2" Drive Metric Hex Bit Socket Set
    The larger bits are for 1/2" sockets but my 1/2" socket wrench was too big, so by removing the hex bit, I could fit the plain bit into a 14 or 17mm socket for a 3/8 wrench. Anyways, the Harbor freight or Pittsburgh set has the ability to remove bits from sockets, which gives you options!!

And you can't beat the price of $14.99. Even has the sizes for brake caliper bolts and the disc set screws all in one set for the price of one Craftsman bit.

Thread Information