Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) We Need Your Feedback! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (2009) We Need Your Feedback!

I think the varying grip at Summit makes for challenging driving, and it's the same for everyone.

My thoughts:
    Bowie - Pro: 28 miles from home.
    Sufficient paddock space
    Food nearby

Con: Poor pavement on lower lot
    Safety concern with curbs

Maryland Police Facility - Pro: No obstacles in a medium size lot.
    Varied course designs possible
    Good pavement

Con: 62 miles from home.
    Very little paddock space
    Cars on grid can't watch competitors or hear announcers

Summit - Pro: Varied course designs from fast to slow possible.
    Easy on tires.

Con: 65 miles from home.
    Poor drainage
    Many grass islands to catch a spinning car.
    Unable to see or hear competition from paddock
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    Really? I think MSP is the best lot we run at, Bowie has some crumbling pavement and those curbs, SP has grip that varies from ok to very poor with no warning and drainage problems. Those that visit SP with several clubs may learn where the grip is and where it's not, but I prefer MSP and Bowie and rated them much higher.

Joe
    Pretty sure SP grip is as simple as: very bad on center ring, not great on side rings, and terrible wherever there's a lake, depending on tires of course.

Also, Bowie curbs just add excitement, but the crumbling lower lot is a bit of an issue; it would probably be possible to only use the top lot like CDC, but it really decimates the fun of the course as far as I'm concerned.

One improvement I would make to Bowie is our general path -- I would reverse the grid (there's an entrance to the lot near the stadium entrance that we have not used) and make the course pass the islands into the lower lot as soon as possible. This way, the next car can go as soon as the previous car is back from the lower lot, while the previous car still has about 30-35 seconds worth of course left, which is a nice improvement over the 50 seconds between runs we had at Event 8.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    Pretty sure SP grip is as simple as: very bad on center ring, not great on side rings, and terrible wherever there's a lake, depending on tires of course.

Also, Bowie curbs just add excitement, but the crumbling lower lot is a bit of an issue; it would probably be possible to only use the top lot like CDC, but it really decimates the fun of the course as far as I'm concerned.

One improvement I would make to Bowie is our general path -- I would reverse the grid (there's an entrance to the lot near the stadium entrance that we have not used) and make the course pass the islands into the lower lot as soon as possible. This way, the next car can go as soon as the previous car is back from the lower lot, while the previous car still has about 30-35 seconds worth of course left, which is a nice improvement over the 50 seconds between runs we had at Event 8.
    This confuses me as I'm very simple. Please draw it up so we can consider. If you're thinking of using the lot that we typically paddock on - then it's a no as our contract does not permit it.

No, it's having the start near where the back end of our grid line is now. I did that at a PCA event and it worked good. Timing and Scoring was on the grass island.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    No, it's having the start near where the back end of our grid line is now. I did that at a PCA event and it worked good. Timing and Scoring was on the grass island.
    That sounds interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I used to do that all the time. Change is what makes it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    I used to do that all the time. Change is what makes it fun.
    How quickly I forget.
    Woody

Hmm, no traffic on the forum for a few days. I guess I can stir the pot some.

I felt kinda uncomfortable at the last event as high horsepower cars drifted around the skid pad and were coming towards me sideways.

Joe

Thread Information