Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need Solid Mechanic in Northern Virginia - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Solid Mechanic in Northern Virginia

I would recommend Gary Martin at Martin MotorSport in Aleandria, VA also. Having been in the auto industry for 25+ years from the OEM and aftermarket side, I can tell you that 20% of the people turning wrenches are like Gary- professional, nice, like cars, and are consistant. Call him as the shop is very busy. (703) 823-9735
    Last edited by StephenD; 02-21-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling

I would recommend both of the Martin's, no relation. But I caution you to not even if your life depended on it, go to German Autoworks. He is hostile towards aftermarket parts, and will overcharge you. I don't know if it's good form to caution people online, but I'm out 2,000 in just labor costs for a job not even done.

I have been to Dan Martin's place a couple of times, and he is good, and the kids he has working for him are learning. He is a honest and nice fella, but I've met better- just not in a big city.

Mechanic BMW OF FAIRFAX

Rich Eccard just went to Fairfax from BMW OF Arlington. Smart and good. None better.

My recommendation is FunKtion Auto in Dulles, VA. www.funktionauto.com.

They do all kinds of work on all cars, but most of their business is BMWs, any model any year. What makes them a good shop is that their techs are very meticulous and thorough. They will explain to you exactly what work needs to be done, and why, they'll let you know what the car needs now, and what it will need down the road so to speak, and let you decide.

They also do not get paid on commission as most shops do. This means they take the time to clean the grime and sludge out of the undercarriage before getting to work, and after they are done. They'll check the car to make sure all clamps, fitting, etc are tight, clean, free of rust/corrosion/grime/etc. They have a tendancy to treat customers cars like their own. They like to build relationships with customers, so that they know the history of the car and the habits of the driver.

Need a mechanic familiar with the M roadsters

Can anyone who has an M roadster recommend a shop in the Northern Va or Frederick area? I have a 2002 M Roadster that I just recently got, and so far have only taken it to the BMW dealership in Sterling. It was not a good experience, for a number of reasons, but partly due to the fact that the mechanic, while experienced with BMW's in general, did not have any experience with the m roadster specifically. I am willing to travel into Frederick or Montgomery county, if necessary.
    Thanks!

Thread Information