Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for mechanic experienced with M Roadsters

Thread: Looking for mechanic experienced with M Roadsters

Looking for mechanic experienced with M Roadsters

Can anyone who has an M roadster recommend a shop in the Northern Va or Frederick area? I have a 2002 M Roadster that I just recently got, and so far have only taken it to the BMW dealership in Sterling. It was not a good experience, for a number of reasons, but partly due to the fact that the mechanic, while experienced with BMW's in general, did not have any experience with the m roadster specifically. I am willing to travel into Frederick or Montgomery county, if necessary.
    Thanks!

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by rnoble View Post
    Can anyone who has an M roadster recommend a shop in the Northern Va or Frederick area? I have a 2002 M Roadster that I just recently got, and so far have only taken it to the BMW dealership in Sterling. It was not a good experience, for a number of reasons, but partly due to the fact that the mechanic, while experienced with BMW's in general, did not have any experience with the m roadster specifically. I am willing to travel into Frederick or Montgomery county, if necessary.
    Thanks!
    Call Neil at Quality Care service right next to Rockville Metro station - 210 No Stone Street. 301 340 8269. Doug Moritz

m roadster is no different than any other bmw in terms of service. any of the shops recommended in this forum will work.

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    m roadster is no different than any other bmw in terms of service. any of the shops recommended in this forum will work.
    Yep - what he said.

Neil
    99 M Coupe

M differences?

I was assuming that there were differences because of my experience with the dealer in Sterling. When I took it in for the 60k service, I was told it needed a couple of repairs (funny, it didn't need them just 2 weeks before at the pre-purchase inspection). Since my husband is the backyard mechanic at my house, I asked him what he thought about it. When he questioned them about it, one of the repairs, which was a gasket, I believe, "probably" didn't need to be done, because according to the dealer, it is filled with fluid in most BMW's but in the M, it is solid rubber. So the mechanic just wasn't "as familiar" with the M's....that's why he suggested an unnecessary repair. I prefered to think he was just a little inexperienced, rather than dishonest. Either way, I will try some of the shops listed here....and have also gotten the service manual-it was a Christmas present for my husband!

Thread Information