Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) SCCA AX Class Changes for 2010

Thread: (2009) SCCA AX Class Changes for 2010

(2009) SCCA AX Class Changes for 2010

The SCCA has announced the following changes are under consideration for 2010:

From SS to A-Stock:
    E90/92 M3
    Z4 M Coupe and M Roadster

From A Stock to B Stock:
    E46 M3,
    '01-'02 Z3 M Coupe and M Roadster (S54 engine)
    E60 M5
    Z4 to B Stock from AS

C Stock:
    E30 and E36 M3
    '99-'00 Z3 M Coupe and M Roadster (S52 engine)
    Z3 6-cyl
    '06+ Mini Cooper JCW package

D Stock:
    335i (from F Stock)*
    Mini Cooper S (from G Stock)

* There is some indication that the 335i moving to DS may be delayed until 2011.

There is no mention of the new versions of the Z4.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Wow… this is great E46 M3 to B-Stock this car will be a great car for B-Stock and the '01-'02 Z3 M Coupe and M Roadster (S54 engine) I believe they could take down the almighty Mazda RX-8
    I don’t know about the E90/92 M3 and Z4 M Coupe and M Roadster in A-stock, but it makes more sense than SS.

Do you have a link to all the under consideration changes?

Thanks

Anything about aftermarket, non-airbag steering wheels in ST? I want to stay on street tires, don't want to go to BSP. I don't suppose it'll matter much either way.

AS Z4M Coupe or BSP e46 M3... Decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by An2ny View Post
    Do you have a link to all the under consideration changes
    http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...k-nov-solo.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Anything about aftermarket, non-airbag steering wheels in ST? I want to stay on street tires, don't want to go to BSP. I don't suppose it'll matter much either way.
    I think there was something in the above Fastrack News about not being able to remove passive restraints in the ST classes.
    Woody

Now that I think about it.. Aren't B-stock times (RX-8) usually even better than A-stock (S2000)? Also, I see no real way the Z4M can compete in A either. Bleh.

Thanks for the link!

Yeah, there where many other moves...it is hard to tell what will happen now...

Quote Originally Posted by An2ny View Post
    Wow… this is great E46 M3 to B-Stock this car will be a great car for B-Stock and the '01-'02 Z3 M Coupe and M Roadster (S54 engine) I believe they could take down the almighty Mazda RX-8
    I don’t know about the E90/92 M3 and Z4 M Coupe and M Roadster in A-stock, but it makes more sense than SS.

Do you have a link to all the under consideration changes?

Thanks
    I don't think the intention behind the move is to make the car more or less competitive, just to rename the categories. The RX-8 and all other cars that you think would be easy to beat in the E46 M3 have been moved to CS.

This is basically the normal reshuffling that you would expect since yesterday's supercars are "not so much" in today's environment. If the E46 M3 were to stay in SS forever, it would be unfair to the M3.

I bet if you were to look closely, however, that there would be an obvious front runner or two in each class.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    You're now in CSP...does that make it better?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

No mention if the E36 318 did in fact move to FSP? It was up for discussion in a previous FasTrack, but I haven't followed it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    You're now in CSP...does that make it better?
    The changes were only in the stock category. Street Prepared did not change.
    Woody

Thread Information