Posted by: Sport Evo

Description: 1990 BMW 325IS Schwarz ExteriorSchwarz Sport Leather Interior5 speed manual105K original milesOffered for sale is my 1990 BMW E30 325is that has been extremely well cared for and is 100% mechanically sound. Unfortunately this is not a Concours example but more of a drivers/ events car. I built it with the intention of using it for AutoX and CCA track driving schools, which I did exactly two of in the last 2 years (NCC BMWCCA AutoX school at MD State Police training facility Spring 08 and NCC BMWCCA Drivers School at Summit Point Main March 09). I currently have too many cars and want to focus on some other projects so I am looking for a good enthusiast home for this car. The car is in excellent mechanical condition with less than 3K miles on a complete refresh/ restoration of most systems including the following: drive train, engine and exhaust, brakes and suspension. All engine hoses, bushings, seals and gaskets were replaced. I did EVERYTHING to this car to ensure that I could take it to a driving event, have fun and drive home. Nothing was missed and no expense was spared. See below for extensive list of replaced, improved and updated items. All parts are BRAND NEW since 101K miles when I purchased the car unless otherwise noted. Car currently has less than 105K miles. All receipts from my ownership included with the car.Cosmetic and Exterior:BMW E30 IS lip spoiler BMW E30 IS trunk spoilerBMW GrillsAll Driving/ Parking Light housings and bulbs Red and AmberEbay Fog lensesAfter Market HID kit (Used from Ebay, but good quality)Depo Euro Smilies Bosch WipersHirschman antenna with body grommetBMW rubber gas filler gasketBMW rear bumper trimBMW Evo front bumper seal (modified to fit standard E30 plastic bumper)BMW door lock rosettesBMW two piece sun roof sealBMW door, trunk and hood sealsBMW Roundels front and rearDrive Train:UUC Race Shift leverUUC DSSR weighted selector rodBMW selector seal BMW transmission output sealBMW shifter carrier bushings and mount (rear)BMW Reverse switch and wiringAKG delrin carrier bushings (Front)AKG polyurethane transmission mountsAKG polyurethane motor mountsFebi Bilstein Guibo w/ new hardwareBMW Drive shaft centering bushingBMW driveshaft center bearingUSED 4:10 Rear differential refreshedBMW diff input and output sealsBMW rearCV joints re-packed and boots replacedFAG rear wheel bearingsBMW Front Wheel bearings Redlne MTL transmissionRedline 75/90 rear differentialSumitomo HTR 195/60/14 tires on factory BasketweavesSuspension and Steering:Bilstein Sport Shocks Front and RearH&R Race SpringsBMW spring padsST Sway bars front and rearTurner Motorsports welded and mounted sway reinforcements front and rearBMW sway links front and rearBMW low pressure power steering hoses with crush washersBMW power steering reservoirTie Rods and bootsMeyle Control ArmsTree House Racing Eyeball control arm bushingsRacing Dynamics Tower bars Front and RearBMW Z3 rear shock reinforcementsEngine and Exhaust:Contitech timing belt and pulley (101K)Cam sealsCrank sealLower timing cover gasketOil pan gasketAll hoses and clampsBMW Thermostat housingAll belts All cooling system gaskets and sealsBMW blue coolant Bosch Distributor capBosch rotorBAV Auto red ignition wiresBosch PlugsBosch 19lb fuel injectorsBlack powder coat valve cover (very nice!)Black powder coat intake BMW intake gasketsBAV auto performance air intake with K&N filterBMP Supersprint twin tip performance exhaustBAV Auto Catalytic converterExhaust system has all new hangars and hardwareExhaust manifolds have been stripped and high temp coatedExhaust manifold gaskets Brakes and Clutch:Hawk HPS Plus padsBrembo Drilled rotorsUUC stainless brake lines R3V stainless clutch lineBMW clutch slave cylinderBMW/ Girling calipers stripped, blasted and painted high temp redCalipers rebuilt with all new rubber seals and bushingsCastrol high performance brake fluid, clean and freshInterior and Misc.BMW M Tech 2 Alcantara wrapped 370MM steering wheel (bought from German Ebay)UUC weighted shift knob with motorsport insertWheel Skins leather shift bootUsed E30 M3 leather Ebrake bootAlpine CD player (Used Older model )BMW window switchesBAV Auto center console gauge cluster with Oil temp, Oil pressure and Volts. SI Board and batteries replaced with a good used unit.BMW factory black floor mats with attachments USED from another E30. Good shape.I have boxes of all the savable used parts that came off this car. Buyer can decide what to keep. Original IS springs and Airbag wheel included. Factory 3:73 LSD is NOT included or availableRecaro SRD seats in some pictures NOT included or availableRonal LS wheels in some pictures NOT included or available. As with the sale of any used car, I feel that it is very important to disclose any and all conceivable negative aspects. I currently own 4 vintage and modern BMW’s and am all too familiar with the disappointment that can go with purchasing a car and inheriting undisclosed problems. I will do my best to accurately describe this car to the best of my ability and more importantly will graciously give any and all requested information, documentation and pictures to seriously interested parties. I welcome and encourage a Pre-Purchase Inspection and also have a lift at my home. Knowledgeable and serious prospective new owners are welcome to use my garage and lift with my supervision in order to inspect the car.Here is a list of the known issues that I am happy to discuss in depth with any interested parties:• Front left fender has been replaced with a DOTR. Car was involved in a minor front end collision by original owner. I believe I am the third owner and was not given any documentation from owner number two. The hood, front bumper, valence and driver side fender have all been painted. The paint job is just OK with some fish eyes on the fender. The hit was not hard enough to get the insurance company to even replace the lower valence, I know because it was not fixed properly and I bought an already painted black valence from a reputable used parts vendor on ebay. Everything went back together straight and looks good.• Overall the body of the car is in just OK shape. The car lived in Washington, DC for a period of time and is peppered with several door dings, scrapes, scratches and 2 minor dents. Car cleans and shines well, but is not going to win any Concours events in the near future. I think that a few hundred dollars to a good dent repair guy would make a HUGE difference in the exterior. I used the car for driving and have other cars for q-tip gatherings so never got around to addressing.• The Dash has three minor cracks on the passenger side compartment tray area.• The Car has two different keys that I got from the previous owner. The drivers side door lock has been replaced at one point and requires a separate key. The rest of the car is keyed the same and the central locking works well. I use the ignition key on one key chain and just use the trunk central locking point to lock and unlock the car.• Sunroof needs to be adjusted a tiny bit. I replaced the seals and got lazy when finishing up. Can assist if requested.• Basket weave wheels have minor curb rash and brake dust pitting. New Sumitomo Tires have less than 1K miles on them. Wheels are balanced and true.• Valves should be adjusted soon as I do not know when the last time it was done. The head has been replaced at one point, but I have no documentation. The head was the cleanest part of the engine bay when I got the car and I noticed that the casting is stamped 93, suggesting that the head was manufactured after the car. It is definitely and obviously an original BMW head that probably cost big bucks from the dealer. Engine fires, idles and revs as it should. I may adjust the valves before I sell the car to eliminate any stress for the buyer or seller.• The car is set up on an aggressive suspension with AKG polyurethane bushings. While most will agree that the car feels amazing and handles like a go-cart on rails, it is subjective to describe any feel or driving sensation. The firmer suspension and bushings definitely add more vibration to the cabin of the car. I would drive it to California and back, but you may not want to. Good BMW motor and transmission mounts are included with the car. I can reinstall if absolutely necessary.Overall this car is in exceptional mechanical shape with all systems operating as they should. From the AC to the cruise control and OBC, everything except the SRS that I intentionally disabled works without a problem. The car has zero structural rust and only shows the usual signs of fatigue that should be expected with a 20 year old car. All manuals and tool kit items along with my receipts and documentation are offered with the car. The original spare rim and tire are brand new and never mounted. The factory jack and associated equipment are present and included.I feel as though I have the car fairly priced for the amount of time and $$$$$ that I put in. If you disagree, please send me a private message. While I am not a prominent Internet Forum Member with thousands of post counts, I do enjoy the forums regularly and do not wish to get involved in wasting my time and reputation replying to people that just have an opinion and not much else to contribute.Thank you for taking the time to look at this car. I am a dedicated BMW CCA member and enthusiast with a passion for E30’s. I have owned several and will continue to own them as long as I can tinker in my garage. I am open to discussing possibilities and potential within reason. If you have read this far, you are probably as enthusiastic about E30’s as I am. If you have serious interest in this car and care to discuss or set up a time to view the car, please contact me by one of the following ways:Cell (703) Five, Nine, Nine-3104Email willyalutz(AT)aol.comThe car is priced at $5900.00 or Best Reasonable Offer and is located in Chantilly, Virginia 20152.Lots of additional pictures available by request!Best Regards,Willy Luz

More...