Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dues increase stirs membership renewals
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dues increase stirs membership renewals

Dues increase stirs membership renewals

Many opt for multi-year renewals at old rate BMW CCA executive director Frank Patek predicted that some members would renew their memberships early...

More...

Sounds reasonable. Considering people pay $400 for an ipod connector, $8 is nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    Sounds reasonable. Considering people pay $400 for an ipod connector, $8 is nothing...
    That's less than a liter of Ate brake fluid.

Many people have chosen to extend their membership for 3 years, saving a whopping $24.00 if they renewed once a year. We also picked up some lifetime memberships.

One 3 series membership rewards rebate almost pays for a lifetime membership.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

didn't think the $8 would be a big deal
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Now my big question ...

Is any of this coming to the local chapter?

If none is coming to the local chapter and just paying for national administrative costs, I feel that it's unfair as the local chapters are the ones to provide atleast half of the "services" of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Now my big question ...

Is any of this coming to the local chapter?

If none is coming to the local chapter and just paying for national administrative costs, I feel that it's unfair as the local chapters are the ones to provide atleast half of the "services" of our club.
    No. Chapters still receive 15.30 per member.

Many members are in the club solely for

• Roundel
    • Membership Rewards Rebate
    • Discounts
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

But the Rewards Program and discounts don't cost National anything. I think the Roundel could save lots of money by stop paying contributors and rely on member's free contributions. Better yet, since the Roundel has so little about about the club, disband it and give every member a free subscription to BIMMER.

At the end of last year the national club had $229,000 in the checking account and $1,892,000 in bank CDs.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

You may recall that our last fee increase was in 2004 and at that time a one year membership went from $35.00 to $40.00. So why are your dues going up $8.00 five years later? In order to have kept pace with inflation, as provided by the Consumer Price Index, http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl our current fee should be $45.73. After adjusting for inflation, $8.00 turns out to be a modest increase, to ensure financial stability, improve our operating systems, grow the Club and not come back to you with another increase a year from now.

That for sure wasn't authored by someone with a financial background ... way too many incorrect statements packed into one paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    But the Rewards Program and discounts don't cost National anything. I think the Roundel could save lots of money by stop paying contributors and rely on member's free contributions. Better yet, since the Roundel has so little about about the club, disband it and give every member a free subscription to BIMMER.
    Agreed 1000x

At the end of last year the national club had $229,000 in the checking account and $1,892,000 in bank CDs.
    Doesn't surprise me at all considering the absolute hideous percentage of funds that go to the local chapter.

$15.30 / $48.00 = 31.875% ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

The Rewards program do cost the club since we have taken some of the processing in house. And if we were to loose the program we would loose members.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    The Rewards program do cost the club since we have taken some of the processing in house. And if we were to loose the program we would loose members.
    I'd be curious to know how many hours per week an employee spends on the Rewards program. I suspect the cost is miniscule. And anyone who is only a member to get a discount on a new car. . .I say good riddance if they leave.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I'd be curious to know how many hours per week an employee spends on the Rewards program. I suspect the cost is miniscule. And anyone who is only a member to get a discount on a new car. . .I say good riddance if they leave.
    I can tell you this. It's almost enough to warrant a full time person. I'm not saying that it is worth $8/year/member. Membership Reward Rebate requests come in every day via mail, FedEx, UPS.
    The number of those in the club solely for the rebate is big.

Just as the number who are Roundel only members.
    I don't get it, but that is the way it is.

The club is different things to different people.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Woody,

It is really a different club from when you and I first joined, a fact that is evidenced by the Roundel itself. Satch has taken it where the new demographic of club members want it, glossy sales literature presented in the name of techincal descriptions of new products, just look at this months edition. Best article in the magazine is the write up on the Pittsburgh Historics. With the new electronic gadetry that all German Marques are turning to now days, the old, excellent technical articles that populated the Roundel from the 1970s and 80s so we could care for and maintain our cars is a thing of the past unfortunately. Seldom do I read all the articles anymore as I did in the past, I can only stand so much of the PR hype and "M" is for marketing "articles" that appear each month. Guess we have to accept the inevitable.......

PS: Don't get me started on "run-flats"!!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

I think it's even different from when I first joined.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

BMW is no longer a brand for enthusiasts. Roundel reflects this. One really has to pay attention to the events and activities the club has to offer not to get bunched up with the "point and clickers". People who sit at their computer and click boxes of options: ipod connector, active this that and the other...whatever...but if you say crankshaft they think you are talking dirty.

Thread Information