Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
24 Hours of LeMons
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 24 Hours of LeMons

24 Hours of LeMons

I just saw that the 24 Hours of LeMons will be coming to Summit Point June 19-20, 2010. That should be a blast.

More info here:

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/
    Jeff Steele, 2009 135i, Le Mans Blue

Yes. A real motivation for Mike and I to get off our asses and actually build a car for it.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I'm wondering if this will be a true 24-hour race like the Nelson Ledges Lamest Day two weeks ago, or the normal night time break because of local noise restrictions. Le Mons regulars said the Nelson event was the best ever.

Anyone interested in doing this coming June event I'd suggest you get registered and start building your car now.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I would absolutely die to be apart of a team for this if anyone is putting one together.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I'm also looking for a team to join.

I just found out this Le Mons event will be part of the NASA Hyperfest weekend. Not sure how that would work.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I just found out this Le Mons event will be part of the NASA Hyperfest weekend. Not sure how that would work.
    What? That's stupid.

I've already talked via email to the chief perpetrator about it and he said, "well, we'll just be part of the entertainment."
    Woody

I've already talked via email to the chief perpetrator about it and he said, "well, we'll just be part of the entertainment."
    Know what circuit they are planning on running for the LeMons?

Nope, but you can bet the main SPR circuit will be busy with the NASA races and HPDE.
    Woody

Nope, but you can bet the main SPR circuit will be busy with the NASA races and HPDE.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the field of "racecars" for LeMons rather large?

Sweet! More entertainment at Hyperfest. I'm sure the Hyperfest spectator crowd will enjoy it (some seems very easily entertained). Interesting to see what track they will use. I'll make sure to catch as much of it as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the field of "racecars" for LeMons rather large?
    The Nelson Ledges event 3 weeks ago had 125 cars on a two-mile road course! This being the first event in the Mid-Atlantic area is sure to draw more entries, but they'll cut them off at some point. That's why I suggest anyone who is serious about competing next June get their entry in ASAP.
    Woody

Just saw a note about this year's LeMons event, and it started me thinking for next year.

Anyone done this? I'd be interesting in joining a team if anyone else is so inclined.....

Sounds like a very crazy thing to do, and lots of fun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    Just saw a note about this year's LeMons event, and it started me thinking for next year.

Anyone done this? I'd be interesting in joining a team if anyone else is so inclined.....

Sounds like a very crazy thing to do, and lots of fun.....

Its on shenandoah this year, which will be pretty crazy. It would also spook the hell out of me personally since you don't need any comp school experience, you can just pay $50 bucks for your lemons license.

Thread Information