Oktoberfest BMWCCA Club Races -
Of the seventy-some racers at Road Atlanta last weekend, only three that I know of were from the National Capital Chapter. There were sprint races for two race groups on Friday and Sunday and 55-minute "enduros" for the two groups on Saturday. Our NCCers were Eric Wong (E36 M3) who finished 3rd of 13 in the I-Prepared class all three days. Phil Ackley (E21) was 5th in D-Modified Friday and Saturday. Dennis Pippy drove his E30 M3 to 6th in J-Prepared Friday and was 8th Saturday and Sunday. Ex-chapter member Jason Briedes (E36 325i) won the Spec E36 class all three days.

Koni Challenge 4-Hour at VIR -
Forty-nine cars started the combined classes 4-hour race on Sunday. A GS class Mustang won, but BMWs took 3 of the top 5 positions. The Borcheller/Hendricks Fall-Line Motorsports M3 was 2nd, Auberlen/Bell Turner Motorsports M3 4th, and Espenlaub/Putman Automatic Racing M3 5th.

Tom Long and Derek Whitis (Mazda MX-5) was 1st in the ST class and 19th overall, one position ahead of the Dalla Lana/Will Turner BMW 328i. The next best ST BMW was the RRT 328i driven by Barry Battle and Michael Dayton in 9th. Battle had led the class at one point, but pitted before a full course caution period that ruined their chances for a high finish. The race will not be televised.

The Lamest Day - 24 Hours of Le Mons at Nelson Ledges -
A BMW E30 325is finish 2nd after completing 1,450 miles in this true 24-hours event in Ohio. A BMW 318is was 6th, and another 318is entered by a team from Northern Virginia was 21st out of 125 starters. Look for more in the January der Bayerische.