Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Air bag light

Thread: Air bag light

Air bag light

Dealer says the dash light may be due to either seat belt latch gone bad or the occupancy sensor mat in seat. Does a '99 E36 M3 even have a sensor mat? We're talking approx $500 vs $2000 here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M32DR View Post
    Dealer says the dash light may be due to either seat belt latch gone bad or the occupancy sensor mat in seat. Does a '99 E36 M3 even have a sensor mat? We're talking approx $500 vs $2000 here!!!
    Yes, they do have seat sensor mats.

To avoid the cost and overcome the airbag light always coming on, you could build a resistor pack to always keep the passenger airbag on.

Check and reseat all of your connections to the seat first. Then reset the light and see if it comes back. I had the same problem on my '99 M3 and that fixed it. It never came during the three years I owned it. If you need to go the sensor mat route, I have seen write ups on how to do it yourself. It looked tedious but doable. Fortunately I did not have to go that route.

Good luck

Mine will come on when I have a passenger in the car. When they get out I just punch the seat (with the car running) until it goes out - usually work pretty quickly
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

I believe there was a MAJOR recall just a few years ago on the seat occapancy sensors for just this reason. Its worth a call in to the dealer to find out if you'll be covered.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Thanks guys. Checked NHTSA.gov recall (#RQ99018) for '99 M3 and called BMW..no applicabiltiy there
    On my own. Need a R5/SRS tool.

Got the advice and tools I need - thanks to this forum its good members.

I believe one of the problems with the passenger mat was that the wire was too short.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Any word on what the solution is? I have the same problem in my 99 coupe and would sure like hear that it was an easy solution...

Air bag light

I was able to abolish the light with the Peake reset tool. And it stayed off for an extended time. So I didn't worry about it. If you would like to borrow the tool, contact me for a loaner.

Quote Originally Posted by M32DR View Post
    I was able to abolish the light with the Peake reset tool. And it stayed off for an extended time. So I didn't worry about it. If you would like to borrow the tool, contact me for a loaner.
    PM sent.

Thread Information