Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Act Fast: Autocross Helmet Group Buy!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Act Fast: Autocross Helmet Group Buy!

(2009) Act Fast: Autocross Helmet Group Buy!

Hi All!

I've finally found a supplier to "play ball" with helmet pricing for us and I've negotiated a rock bottom price on autocross helmets!

$70.00 each for Snell M-Rated helmets, black or white, open or closed face.

This is the LOWEST price I've ever seen offered on Snell Rated helmets.

All the details and ordering information is attached.

There's no limit to the number of helmets or orders - they just need to be postmarked no later than December 19, 2009.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Jonathan Thayer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do they come in pink?

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    Do they come in pink?
    LOL

Nope, just Black or White.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    Do they come in pink?
    oh my my my

thats an excellent price, hopefully people will pounce on that offer
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post

I did already mailed in the order!

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    I'm hoping that many will take advantage of this offer and price.

I don't think that that we'll ever be able to do it again for this cheap.

Please spread the word to anyone that could use a helmet.
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 12-14-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Are those motorcycle helmets? EDIT: just saw the 'M' part so that answers that question.

And what's the rating year? 2005 or 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Are those motorcycle helmets? EDIT: just saw the 'M' part so that answers that question.

And what's the rating year? 2005 or 2010?
    Snell M 2005

I understand Snell 2010 helmets are not expected to be available until next fall.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I understand Snell 2010 helmets are not expected to be available until next fall.
    Snell SA2010 rated helmets will not be available until Oct 1 2010 but Snell M2010 helmets should be available now (Most likely the reason they are willing to deal on M2005 helmets now).

The M2005 will still be good for another 10 years for most autox groups (current + 2 prior) and by that time you will want to replace it anyway.

I'm really thinking about picking one of these up! I'm not very familiar with the ratings on these helmets but could this helmet also double as a karting and other track events(HPDE) helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    I'm really thinking about picking one of these up! I'm not very familiar with the ratings on these helmets but could this helmet also double as a karting and other track events(HPDE) helmet?
    It depends on what organization is running those events. I would check with the actual program guidelines of those organizations.

I can however confirm that these helmets will meet the SCCA and BMWCCA (and all others that I know of) autocross requirements for the next 9 years.

It depends on the organization.

M is Motorcycle
    SA is Special Applications

They are tested differently.
    M2005 http://www.smf.org/standards/m/2005/m2005_final.html
    M2010 http://www.smf.org/standards/m/2010/m2010_final.htm

SA2005 http://www.smf.org/standards/sa/sak2...005_final.html

Without reading everything, I think the major differences are impact tests and fire retardancy.

Edit: Looks like Jonathan beat me while I was looking up links.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

If you think you might be doing HPDE events in the future, while not required for National Capital Chapter events, I would recommend getting a closed face helmet with a Snell SA rating. A full-face helmet with eye shield is a necessity for karting (unless you like eating rubber).
    Last edited by woodym3; 12-15-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information