Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone have experience with FCP Groton?

Thread: Anyone have experience with FCP Groton?

Hybrid View

Anyone have experience with FCP Groton?

Hi all,

I'm thinking it's finally time to do my brakes, I haven't done it before, so I'm thinking I'll do the whole shebang on my E39 528i at an upcoming DIY.

I have seen a couple of kits with Brembo and Mintex/Akebono combos - everything but the e-brake shoes here: http://bit.ly/29lKl3 for $425-475.

Are these a deal, should I look elsewhere? Any experience with these kits or seller would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Patrick

No experience with the kit, but the seller is know to have some crap, at least for steering links, tie rods, control arms, etc.
    Price the items at http://www.autohausaz.com/. They carry a variety of choices of products, based on your budget, and free shipping on orders >$50.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I bought suspension parts from them for my E34. 1 year later I had to replace most of them again. The fact that they can't even spell brake line right is frightening. For a street car, don't put on stainless lines.

I'd call ElephantMotorsports.com for the pads, rotors & sensors.

i get all my brakes from zeckhausen.com
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Check with Vincent at Bimmerzone.com, info@bimmerzone.com

Great prices, free shipping on orders over $100 and it comes from PA so it's overnight to our area.

I would go Zimmerman rotors with PBR Axxis Deluxe Ceramics pads.
    Last edited by Car54; 10-01-2009 at 07:23 AM.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thanks all for the feedback! Certainly not worth hedging with the brakes, and I too have heard good things about Axxis.

Thread Information