Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Top 10 Reasons For Free Entry At Chapterfest - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: (2009) Top 10 Reasons For Free Entry At Chapterfest

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    One benefit (downside?) of having half your HP is I can't have as much fun abusing the tires. Mine seem to be lasting forever. A test & tune may take care of them, though.

Hey, I can fit 3 in the back too, if they're 4 feet tall and lay down stacked 3 high. Or skinny with no legs.

I would have sworn I heard a couple "dude screams" out of the back of your car as well.

Your big drifto with 5 on-board was among the spectator highlights yesterday, along with the drift exhibition put on by the silver E30 driver in the wet. I want his car control skills.
    I killed a set of tires at last years Rosecroft test and tune when I had the Miata... I actually had to rotate them half-way through the day.

There might have been some dude screams, lol.

The only bad part about having so much power is that it's hard to make full use of it in an autox situation. On the positive side... understeer is easily remedied by prodigious ammounts of power.

If the E30 was an M3 and had a black front bumper, he has an S52 swap... and does drift events often. So yeah, he is very in tune with power/weight and car control for entartainment.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmarksthespot View Post
    Yea seriously Bogdan you only got one girl to scream? I expected more tsk tsk.
    Well.. one was screaming, and the other one was too busy laughing at the screaming to scream.

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Yeah I don't understand how anyone could complain about the price of this event. $25 for autox, t-shirt, food, check out the show and just hang out and have a good time is most def. worth every bit. I had a blast and I'm glad I was able to make it out.
    We'll be sure to charge fast civics double next time...

I agree. Anyone complaining about the price needs to attend an SCCA event! Perhaps we should advertise it as a $1,525,214.32 value for $25! Inflate the value pricing a bit and we can easily get there!

Autocross value*: $525,248.32
    Limited edition T-shirt*: $275,235.28
    Fully Catered Lunch with unlimited drinks*:$151,235.45
    Admission to car show*:251,234.76
    Venue access*:$145,325.68
    Swap Meet Access*:$43,525.67
    Parking Space Rental Fee*:$126,252.98

*estimated prices based on adjusted impending inflation rates of the US dollar due to excessive mortgaging of America to China.

Yep. that's about right. You guys need to include this in next year's advertising for Chapterfest.

What traction control?

I liked it in the end when we tried to get rid of the last t-shirt and we stopped ppl asking if they wanted to buy one: "Ok, how much?" - "Five bucks" - "No thanks!" I don't know what they were expecting.

Great event and doing check-in is a good way to meet the people and connect some faces to the cars that are there (I expect atleast 20 people asking to work the gate at next AutoX) =)

Thumbs up Thanks to the GateKeepers!

Many thanks go to the gatekeepers at the entrance. 'Far as I could tell, you made everybody feel welcome, and were courteous no matter what. You had one of the most important - and sometimes loneliest - jobs of all!

Well done.
    Alan

By the way, is there a reason that some of us who registered online for the autocross package were not on the list at the gate? I was quite worried when they couldn't find my name on the list, but then they let me pass when I said I registered online...Obviously I was in the system because I was recognized as being registered when I checked-in for the autocross.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    By the way, is there a reason that some of us who registered online for the autocross package were not on the list at the gate? I was quite worried when they couldn't find my name on the list, but then they let me pass when I said I registered online...Obviously I was in the system because I was recognized as being registered when I checked-in for the autocross.
    They were probably just looking at the wrong list.

It's kinda confusing with over 300 names on lists.

No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

No worries.
    Yeah, there were 3 separate lists (show n shine, general admisssion, and autoX) The gatekeeper probably looked at general or the show and shine list for your name.

One of my suggestions to the club president for next year was to have more than one checkpoint if possible. 2 or 3 (at best) check-in people with clipboards with the same information would probably make for a more smoother check-in. That way we can avoid the massive backups of the caravans that ran 20 deep. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerfrau View Post
    Yeah, there were 3 separate lists (show n shine, general admisssion, and autoX) The gatekeeper probably looked at general or the show and shine list for your name.

One of my suggestions to the club president for next year was to have more than one checkpoint if possible. 2 or 3 (at best) check-in people with clipboards with the same information would probably make for a more smoother check-in. That way we can avoid the massive backups of the caravans that ran 20 deep. Just a thought.
    There were three copies of each list there.

And the club president doesn't organize ChapterFest ...

There were three copies of each list there.

And the club president doesn't organize ChapterFest ...
    Ah! That fact wasn't made know to the lady, here. Oh well. The creative excuses and reasons made for an amusing and fun-filled check-in. My hour just flew by!

I understand that the president doesn't organize the event. He never said he did. I just happened to mention it to him on the fly while I had his ear for that mo', that's all. Thanks.

No worries.
    Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

Thread Information