Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Top 10 Reasons For Free Entry At Chapterfest
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Top 10 Reasons For Free Entry At Chapterfest

(2009) Top 10 Reasons For Free Entry At Chapterfest

While tending the registration booth yesterday, me and other helpers encountered some really sad excuses/reasons and malarkey that people gave us in order to get in at reduced or free entry into the event. Here are my favs (paraphrased for clarity):
    1. I was chapter president X number of years ago.
    2. I spoke to <insert board member name> yesterday and he said I could bring myself and these 4 other people in my car and get in for free.
    3. Do you take debit?
    4. Can you break a $100? (this happened twice)
    5. I work here at the stadium, I need to get to my office. (this happened twice)
    6. I'm just here to pickup my wife.
    7. I'm just here to pickup my dad.
    8. What's here to do for $10 bucks? This is robbery.
    9. Do you take credit?
    10. I just came to watch not participate.

I had no idea that registration was going to be this exciting. Can't wait until next year....

Anyone else encounter any creative excuses to get in??
    Last edited by bimmerfrau; 09-27-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: spelling correction

LOL, thats pretty funny...you're hired for next year too!!

BTW - thanks to EVERYONE who volunteered their time to work the front gate. I know at times it seemed like the line will never end, but you all handled it very efficiently.
    Last edited by pseto; 09-27-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Lol....people are ridiculous.

*note to self: come up with better excuse next year*
    T2

10 bucks for the whole car, right?
    I'm dropping off the mascot costume at the stadium.
    UPS lady wondering where verizon fios needed to be installed....wtf?

There were others like "I registered over the forum then sent in the check 1-2 days ago" which can go either way...but man I swear like 5 caravans all hit at once around 9:30.

Only one I got was "5 Dollars? Do you have an ATM?"

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    Only one I got was "5 Dollars? Do you have an ATM?"
    Ha! One guy thought it was a free event and thought we would just let him pass. I told him that there was mall across the street from the light. He actually complied without giving us crap and he returned with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerfrau View Post
    While tending the registration booth yesterday, me and other helpers encountered some really sad excuses/reasons and malarkey that people gave us in order to get in at reduced or free entry into the event. Here are my favs (paraphrased for clarity):
    1. I was chapter president X number of years ago.
    2. I spoke to <insert board member name> yesterday and he said I could bring myself and these 4 other people in my car and get in for free.
    3. Do you take debit?
    4. Can you break a $100? (this happened twice)
    5. I work here at the stadium, I need to get to my office. (this happened twice)
    6. I'm just here to pickup my wife.
    7. I'm just here to pickup my dad.
    8. What's here to do for $10 bucks? This is robbery.
    9. Do you take credit?
    10. I just came to watch not participate.

I had no idea that registration was going to be this exciting. Can't wait until next year....

Anyone else encounter any creative excuses to get in??

If I didn't do AutoX I would have to agree with number 8.

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

Didn't you get lunch and see the car show?
    easily worth $10.

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Didn't you get lunch and see the car show?
    easily worth $10.
    And if youy registered online it was only 5 bucks and you got a T shirt to go with that great lunch.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    And if youy registered online it was only 5 bucks and you got a T shirt to go with that great lunch.

Joe
    Exactly. The t-shirt alone cost more than $5.

And food, drinks, lot rental, insurance is NOT cheap. $5 or $10 for this event is just a stupid price.

And we basically gave AutoX away at $25 for AutoX, T-Shirt and Food.

Yeah I don't understand how anyone could complain about the price of this event. $25 for autox, t-shirt, food, check out the show and just hang out and have a good time is most def. worth every bit. I had a blast and I'm glad I was able to make it out.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Yeah I don't understand how anyone could complain about the price of this event. $25 for autox, t-shirt, food, check out the show and just hang out and have a good time is most def. worth every bit. I had a blast and I'm glad I was able to make it out.
    I don't think any autocrossers are complaining. $10 to mill around and have lunch would have been fine with me, but I can see it sounding a little steep to others. The non-advanced purchasers were subsidizing us, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    I don't think any autocrossers are complaining. $10 to mill around and have lunch would have been fine with me, but I can see it sounding a little steep to others. They were subsidizing us, it seems.
    True it was a little more favored for the autoxers but even just spectators, $10 for a t-shirt, food and drinks is plenty worth it. Cost like $6 to get something at the chick-fil-a down the street and they don't give you a t-shirt lol.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Go to Red Hot and Blue and try to get BUFFET FOOD/DRINK & a SHIRT for $10. SERIOUSLY, everyone who complained should just go to a soup kitchen or something

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post

Joe
    I can not agree more.

Heck, I would have paid $5 just to be able to see that many fine Bimmers in one place. Seems a few others felt that way as well. There appeared to be a lot of people just walking around and checking out all the cars in the parking/pits area.

The food was fantastic. Sodas at any other event would cost you at least $1, and you couldn't touch that lunch for $5.

The shirts are FANTASTIC. Love mine and even bought another one for my Brother-In-Law who could not attend.

Watching the autoX was great. The wife and I are already thinking of getting her Miata set up for autoX for the future.

All in all, it was a great event. I would have never thought the wife and boy would be interested in spending 3 hours at such an event, but they loved it. Only downside was the rain, but that made the autoX even more interesting for awhile.

Thread Information