Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    Question 1 - (overlooking my motivation for asking) how do the Honda and Boxster fit into S1?
    And the M5! Don't forget to move the M5! Move those three out and I get a fifth place ranking!

By the way, Jim, my unofficial tally for S1 has the following points (these include removing the non-S1 cars from Saturday's results):

James L. -- 7 events, 60 points
    Jim D. -- 6 events, 48 points
    Bertran B. -- 5 events, 35 points
    agreatham -- 5 events, 22 points

If I understand the point system correctly, I think that if both Bertran and I show up next event, that makes four qualifying drivers, so both you and James should get trophies. (4 * 1/3 = 1.3 ; 1.3 ~ 2). If neither or only one of us shows up, then there will only be three qualifying drivers, so only 1/3 of that (1 person) will get trophies (James L.). And the way the points are, James L. could sit the next one out and still win.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    The "added rigidity" (god knows I need rigidity)
    I think they make a pill for that ...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    I had a blast at the event and really liked 98% of the course (my boat couldn't handle some of the real tight turns).
    Not that it really matters, but the results didn't rank me by my best time. My second run was a 53.711+1 but it used my 4th run of a 55.357 as my FTD. I think it also happened to Bobby in his 330.
    I must have left before you got there! Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you run.

For the record: I kicked your butt by 2 seconds this time...

What traction control?

BTW: did anyone get a pic of my little blue cloud of smoke and the two black strips left on the lot going into the last sweeper? I'd really like to get it if you managed to snap it.

What traction control?

"If I understand the point system correctly, I think that if both Bertran and I show up next event, that makes four qualifying drivers, so both you and James should get trophies. (4 * 1/3 = 1.3 ; 1.3 ~ 2). If neither or only one of us shows up, then there will only be three qualifying drivers, so only 1/3 of that (1 person) will get trophies (James L.). And the way the points are, James L. could sit the next one out and still win."

Geezzz: how to destroy my motivation in one simple swipe! But long ago I learned to counter any and all psychological threats. Let's see. Hmmm. (Not burning rubber, just me thinking.) OK, I've got it. So James wins and gets the only trophy. But he has a new baby that he has to coddle and pay for over the next 20+ years, and my youngest is 28 years old with all bills paid off. Voila!! Now I feel motivated again. And truthfully, the more cars that show up, the merrier, and this includes you, Mike!!

Thanks! I had a great time.

Well, I'm an autocross virgin no more. Heck, I even got best in class (I was alone in S4) driving my dated automatic '76 2002. I was hoping to score in the late 50's, but it didn't quite happen. I blame it on the rain - rather my apprehension about driving my car like a madman in it.

I'm looking forward to developing my skills as a driver and builder/tuner and applying them to the '02 and the other car. This is just the start.

It was great meeting some of you and participating in such a well-run event. I'm looking forward to my next event and getting my feet even wetter.

Cheers,
    Marc

Marc,
    I was working the course while you were driving in the 4th heat. I am not familiar with how the 2002 automatic works, but next time try to use 1st and 2nd gear more, instead of just putting it in D. If you can manually shift up to second gear and back down to first when needed, you might find you are much quicker. I'd bet you might have been giving up about 3-5 seconds each run. I think you were losing time due to the car's relative lack of acceleration since it was probably in too high a gear for most of the course.

Brian Hair

Not that anyone cares, but I've been keeping track of the non-BMW points, and they are as follows:

Pete Lem- 54
    Jerry Byrd- 23 (only 4 events)
    Fred Caton- 18 (wrong class, now in XR)
    Mike King- 15 (only 3 events)
    Nick Drymalski (Me)- 15 (all events!)
    Beltowski, Michael 15 (only 2 events)

So through my sheer persistence (and lack of anything better to do) I'm in second place after Pete! Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer
    blah blah blah 2 seconds blah blah blah
    Yeah, rain will do that

Oh, did I mention that this whole time I thought I had ES bushings in the front of my car, but it turns out the mechanic who I paid to do the job just didn't install them and charged me for it? Yeah, so between not having those installed (I ordered new ones....$100 down the drain) and my leaking 96 steering rack which has the responsiveness of the rack in my mom's old Crown Vic (which is being replaced by the superior 97 SE rack), the car has a lot of room for improvement.
    Last edited by 95Maxrider; 09-29-2009 at 05:25 PM.

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Not that anyone cares, but I've been keeping track of the non-BMW points, and they are as follows:

Pete Lem- 54

So through my sheer persistence (and lack of anything better to do) I'm in second place after Pete! Woo hoo!

Yeah, rain will do that

Oh, did I mention that this whole time I thought I had ES bushings in the front of my car, but it turns out the mechanic who I paid to do the job just didn't install them and charged me for it? Yeah, so between not having those installed (I ordered new ones....$100 down the drain) and my leaking 96 steering rack which has the responsiveness of the rack in my mom's old Crown Vic (which is being replaced by the superior 97 SE rack), the car has a lot of room for improvement.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if that data is true, then there would only be 1 trophy for all of XS due to 2 people "qualifying" (six events) even though tons raced throughout the season?

The lack of any trophy in XS or XR keeps some of us from consistently showing up, so to track the points in non-competitive class doesn't make sense. If there were a prize available it would be a totally different story, 15 points wouldn't mean much.

Pete Lem- 54

I've got 10 points!

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    The lack of any trophy in XS or XR keeps some of us from consistently showing up, so to track the points in non-competitive class doesn't make sense. If there were a prize available it would be a totally different story, 15 points wouldn't mean much.
    Is the trophy really that important?? It costs $20 you can always buy one yourself...

Is the trophy really that important?? It costs $20 you can always buy one yourself...[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't really mean that much for just the trophy, but it would probably be worth it for some just to be recognized and give them a reason to attend more events. I know that it matters to many of the BMW guys why wouldn't it matter to us.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Is the trophy really that important?? It costs $20 you can always buy one yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    No it doesn't really mean that much for just the trophy, but it would probably be worth it for some just to be recognized and give them a reason to attend more events. I know that it matters to many of the BMW guys why wouldn't it matter to us.
    Adam, they pay the same amount we do (more?) and that seems pretty cheap for a trophy in the big scheme of things, if it encourages the same season-long participation and competition that we encourage for BMWs. Without the non-BMWs, would we even be able to continue running the events?

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Adam, they pay the same amount we do (more?) and that seems pretty cheap for a trophy in the big scheme of things, if it encourages the same season-long participation and competition that we encourage for BMWs. Without the non-BMWs, would we even be able to continue running the events?
    Please remember that the trophy rule was written as a minimum number of trophies ...

And yes, as far as financial sufficiency of the program, the non-BMW participants are an integral part of the program. I am personally going to revisit this for next season and make some changes in a.) how we class non-BMW's and b.) how we recognize those who participate.

Losers buy the winner a trophy out of respect?!?! You have 3 months to get the trophy together for the banquet. I'm sure the banquet will allow for the person(s) to be recognized.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information