Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted

I was running Star Specs last event.

I usually instruct for NASA and TrackDaze but i have instructed for other clubs. I don't track the M Coupe. I run with my Nissan 240sx.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroselect View Post
    I wish the tire ruling was different as well. The only reason i'm in T1 rather than S1 is for tires.
    I don't see how they could possibly change the tire ruling with a clean conscience. Maybe the intake rule or the exhaust rule or the automatic transmission software rule or something of that nature, but Star Specs (and other max performance summer tires) can cut a clean 3-4 seconds off your time and mask an insane number of mistakes. Show me another mod allowed in Tuner that does that.

I am not the best driver out there and do not drive what people consider a good car for autox (Automatic 330Ci Convertible, haha) in T3 and Star Specs are my only mod, but I still put up better times than everyone in Showroom (including S1/S2) at the majority of the events since putting my tires on, rain or shine. For comparison, look at my time in the first event with my old all-seasons in the rain while still in S3; what grip? I can't really think of a single argument for keeping those tires Showroom when they can make as much of a difference as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    I don't see how they could possibly change the tire ruling with a clean conscience. Maybe the intake rule or the exhaust rule or the automatic transmission software rule or something of that nature, but Star Specs (and other max performance summer tires) can cut a clean 3-4 seconds off your time and mask an insane number of mistakes. Show me another mod allowed in Tuner that does that.

I am not the best driver out there and do not drive what people consider a good car for autox (Automatic 330Ci Convertible, haha) in T3 and Star Specs are my only mod, but I still put up better times than everyone in Showroom (including S1/S2) at the majority of the events since putting my tires on, rain or shine. For comparison, look at my time in the first event with my old all-seasons in the rain while still in S3; what grip? I can't really think of a single argument for keeping those tires Showroom when they can make as much of a difference as they do.
    I agree 110% - tires make such a large difference, as u say masking mistakes. An intake or exhaust won't do that! I won't get into the classing debate here. Btw, you're very consistent on those tires - nice times =)

I read the rules wrong i thought T lets you run on R comps.

The only issue is ANY size. This lets you put quite alot of tires under you if you want because there is no restriction on how far out your tires can go out beyond the fenders.
    Last edited by zeroselect; 10-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer3 View Post
    Marc,
    I was working the course while you were driving in the 4th heat. I am not familiar with how the 2002 automatic works, but next time try to use 1st and 2nd gear more, instead of just putting it in D. If you can manually shift up to second gear and back down to first when needed, you might find you are much quicker. I'd bet you might have been giving up about 3-5 seconds each run. I think you were losing time due to the car's relative lack of acceleration since it was probably in too high a gear for most of the course.

Brian Hair
    Brian,
    Thanks for the advice regarding my 02 and the automatic transmisson. I agree that I lose 3-5s due to the lack of accelleration. That will certainly be addressed with the new motor.

I did not use D, rather kept it in 2nd. I played around in a parking lot a day before and all first seems to do is wind up an go nowhere. As the engine is "soft" (and it's my daily driver", I try to limit it's time over 5K rpm. The conditions and my unfamiliarity with this fine sport kept me from being more adventurous. I will try different shifting techniques the next time out as I continue to home my skills.

If you have any other comments I'd be glad to hear them!

Cheers,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    They don't fit they are misclassed and we will be putting them in the correct classing soon.
    Don't mean to complain but looks like the results page still needs to be updated.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Don't mean to complain but looks like the results page still needs to be updated.
    Hey Mike, taking cars out of our class won't help you beat me or J. Dunlap. S1 is the redheaded stepchild class anyway, winning in this class means you showed up that day......

BTW, I might actually get there early next time and walk the course. I need to beat Dunlap at the last event so he can think about it all winter. Get there early too and we'll compare notes.

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Sorry, I've been under the weather lately. The plague is still kicking my butt. I'm working on the corrections now and I should have them up by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    BTW, I might actually get there early next time and walk the course. I need to beat Dunlap at the last event so he can think about it all winter. Get there early too and we'll compare notes.
    You should ALWAYS walk the course.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Don't forget the first generation Speed3 comes stock with tires that are 140 treadwear. I'd bitch more, but the season isn't over and talks aren't up for reclassification just yet
    Maybe down to 140 would be better for touring since that is where the SCCA draws the line for Street Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Only problem is I already had enough events with other clubs and a lot of BMW events are the same day as SCCA events...
    I think you're wrong as all BMW events are on Saturday and all SCCA AX events are on Sunday. This is done so there won't be any conflicts. Some (all?) AI events are Saturdays.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I think you're wrong as all BMW events are on Saturday and all SCCA AX events are on Sunday. This is done so there won't be any conflicts. Some (all?) AI events are Saturdays.
    All WDCR events are on Sundays but all AI events are on Saturdays(AI is associated with SCCA, just not a region). I also attend as many CDC events as possible which are pretty much all on Saturdays too.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    All WDCR events are on Sundays but all AI events are on Saturdays(AI is associated with SCCA, just not a region). I also attend as many CDC events as possible which are pretty much all on Saturdays too.
    AI is this Saturday, but is normally on Sundays.

Just looked at their schedule, it was split this year probably since they acquired RFS, 3 events at FedEx and 3 events at RFS. Nevertheless, CDC holds about 20 events, all are on Saturdays unless it's a test&tune. I'd rather go to those just because the seat time per dollar is very very good. Atleast 6 runs for $25 or $35(or in my case free for the season) is hard to beat.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

I've never done a CDC event, but everyone I've talked to says the courses are extremely "tight".
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information