Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Interested In A Test & Tune?!?!?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Interested In A Test & Tune?!?!?

(2009) Interested In A Test & Tune?!?!?

I've been tossing the idea around to have a dedicated test and tune event. Basically it would be limited entry to 20 drivers and everyone would be responsible to show up in the AM, help set up the course, drive / work all day, and then assist with packing the equipment up. I've crunched the numbers, and to cover our costs, it would need to be $70.00 per person. That said, I'm 100% confident that we could run no less than 400 runs during the day giving everyone attending no less than 20 runs. Bowie looks like the best lot to use due to the large size and moderate pricetag. The best date the facility is available is 09/19/09. If the 09/19/09 event was a success, we could possibly do another one similar to this in November.

Comments? Thoughts? Interested?

I'm in

Fantastic idea!
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

In. Would give me an opportunity to try different camber settings with my new camber plates!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Sounds good to me but not sure if I could make that date, but likely the November date.

First 20 BMW club members?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Jonathan,

I too think it is a great idea. The only reason I would not do it is the surface at Bowie seems to shred tires more than the other locations, except Rosecroft of course.

Brian and I did the Mazda event this early spring at Bowie and put about 20 runs on my car. It lost a good 3/32" as where it has taken me the entire rest of the season (3 events per month average and nearly twice the runs) to go through 3/32"!!

I guess, if you do go ahead with it, maybe just plan a course that would lend itself to equal tire wear.

I would personally pay $70+ to get that amount of time on the skid pad like last winter. That was a lot of fun and the learning has proven invaluable.

All in all, I think your idea is damn super!!!
    Last edited by noelleslie; 08-04-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Sounds good to me but not sure if I could make that date, but likely the November date.

First 20 BMW club members?
    I'd like to restrict it to BMWCCA members but if it comes down to it, I'll take just about anyone to ensure that we meet our bottom line requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Jonathan,

I too think it is a great idea. The only reason I would not do it is the surface at Bowie seems to shred tires more than the other locations, except Rosecroft of course.

Brian and I did the Mazda event this early spring at Bowie and put about 20 runs on my car. It lost a good 3/32" as where it has taken me the entire rest of the season (3 events per month average and nearly twice the runs) to go through 3/32"!!

I guess, if you do go ahead with it, maybe just plan a course that would lend itself to equal tire wear.

I would personally pay $70+ to get that amount of time on the skid pad like last winter. That was a lot of fun and the learning has proven invaluable.

All in all, I think your idea is damn super!!!
    Bowie is really our only valid option at this point (cost, location, and availability).

I've never really considered that Bowie wears tires quicker. Hmm ... maybe I just never cared enough

Scott Blair most likely will be designing the course and typically his courses are faster and smoother. It's impossible to design a course to wear both sides perfectly evenly - but I'll have my electric impact with me and anyone would be more than welcome to use it to swap sides. I know that I'll probably come with a crappy set of tires that I'll expect to cord. I personally find that I learn more by driving on the most terrible tires possible.

It would definitely be a great way to lock in all the progress made over the summer.

Mazda does an event in the early spring and then in late fall similarly where people really get to get the repetition that normal autocrosses don't provide.

I still think it is a great idea.

I'm in. But please, avoid the 2X around skid pad circle that totally did in one of my front tires the last time at that venue. In advance: thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    I'm in. But please, avoid the 2X around skid pad circle that totally did in one of my front tires the last time at that venue. In advance: thanks.
    I don't control this, the course designer does! But yes, I corded two tires that day, and needless to say, they weren't on the same axle.

Please spread the word around.

If there's enough interest, I'll make a decision this weekend.

I'm split. I love autocross, but I also hate my car and want to sell it before I kill it. I feel like 20 spins would finally drive a stake through the engine. I mean, I wish I could kill it and then sell it, but that just isn't good business. November would be a better date, since my tires will be on their last limb by then I figure and it would be time to switch to all seasons.
    Last edited by BradMW; 08-06-2009 at 12:25 PM.

I would love to make it and would be there but I am the best man in my best friends wedding that day so clearly I can't make it.

UGHHHHHHHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    I would love to make it and would be there but I am the best man in my best friends wedding that day so clearly I can't make it.
    Clearly you need to get your priorities straight, sheesh.

75% chance I can make it.

If you really have to have a skidpad can please make it a left hander to compensate for all the highway ramps being right handers ?

Thread Information