Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a Lug Nut

Thread: Looking for a Lug Nut

Looking for a Lug Nut

Does anyone have an extra lug nut that would fit a 2003 M3? A shady 24 hour tire repair shop stripped the threads on one of mine which I did not find out about until the next day.

Thanks,

-Joe

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

Our cars use lug bolts, not lug nuts. Are you sure that just the lug bolt is damaged and not the threads in the hub? That being said, I've got a few extra aftermarket silver bolts I don't use that you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Our cars use lug bolts, not lug nuts. Are you sure that just the lug bolt is damaged and not the threads in the hub? That being said, I've got a few extra aftermarket silver bolts I don't use that you can have.
    As far as I can tell the threads in the hub look OK but I am not 100% sure. I would be happy to take one off your hands if you don't mind. I am in Laurel, MD.

2009 ///M

Be aware

Quote Originally Posted by slick230 View Post
    As far as I can tell the threads in the hub look OK but I am not 100% sure. I would be happy to take one off your hands if you don't mind. I am in Laurel, MD.
    I am NOT qualified as a mechanic. However, I was cautioned at a concurs for using the silver bolts. The collar angle of the after-market bolts is not exactly the same as the black BMW ones. I would suggest you spend a few dollars and get the proper one, for safety.
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

I drove down to Tischer BMW in Sliver Springs, MD but they did not have any bolts that would fit. Turns out my rear wheels have ~20mm spacers on them. They recommended that I go to Radial Tire in Silver Springs, MD. Radial Tire had a bolt that fit but the hub was Alpha Foxtrot Uniform. They fixed the hub, put the new bolt on, and mounted 2 front tires for $35 bucks! Now back to Tischer tomorrow at 3 to get an alignment.

2009 ///M

I have some black and some silver bolts if anyone needs some (u pick up).

Thread Information