Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
F1 Race
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: F1 Race

F1 Race

Well guys if you havent found it yet, here is the page for the Hoosier Chapter's BMW event for the USGP F1 in 2005.

Anyone interested in going?

http://www.hoosierbmw.com/f12005.asp
    Last edited by Swingtime; 03-23-2008 at 01:09 PM.

My father and I are thinking about going.

I don't know if the club has any tickets left in their area though. It looks like the hotels are filling up too.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Banned

F1 Race

I would go to Montreal versus Indy. Nicer city and way better food. Track is easier to get to via Metro. Women in Montreal are better looking than in Indy. If you are going with your wife, girlfriend or mistress Montreal has better shopping. If you are going with the guys or by yourself Montreal has some of the best strip clubs in North America. I am trying to work out a trip to Britsh Grand Prix and World Sheep Herding Finals in Ireland. Avoid the tours. You can cheaper setting it up yourself.

Is anyone else going?

---Eric

I hope that nobody wasted their time going to this event....It looked like one big debacle. I actually think that Michelin dropped the ball. Does anyone agree that Michelin should have insured that they had tires that could meet the demands. Bridgestone obviously didn't have any problems.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CAB IN BLACK M3
    I hope that nobody wasted their time going to this event....It looked like one big debacle. I actually think that Michelin dropped the ball. Does anyone agree that Michelin should have insured that they had tires that could meet the demands. Bridgestone obviously didn't have any problems.
    During Indycar teesting had to be stopped because of tire problems. NASCAR stopped their tire tests too. Bridgestone had the advantage of Firestone test, practice and race data from Indy. Over 15 days worth of data regarding vertical g loads on tires. The wertical g load was the problem. Michelin did not have that luxury. However, Michelin should have paid more attention. Michelin should offer a rebate if not a free set of tires to anyone with a valid US GP ticket stub for this years race as a gesture of goodwill! There are calls on other internet chats to boycott Michelin.

Michelin is at fault, no doubt. However, FIA should have allowed the race to continue with Bridgestone's since the seven teams agreed to run for no points. 140,000 people got ripped and should be rightfully pissed.

I say, start watching WC and GAC since some of the people out there are former BMWCCA CR's

Quote Originally Posted by CAB IN BLACK M3
    I went.

After the accidents during qualifying, it was announced that Michelin didn't believe their tires could hold up for that last turn so they recommended the drivers not do any "flying runs" during those sessions. They said that Michelin was petitioning FIA to allow them to switch tires for the race because it wasn't safe. They would fly in tires from Europe for the teams to use the next day if allowed. They also tried to have a chicane put at the end of the high-speed bank as an alternative to slow down the cars. I guess FIA rejected all the options. Pathetic.

For anyone who is familiar with F1 and has heard one in person, you know how loud it is. Imagine this... You could hear people chanting "Let them race" OVER the sound of the cars. People started walking out by lap 2 when they realized the race wasn't going to happen.

Every time I heard someone asking about refunds they seemed to have a standard response of "refund information will be posted on the web". That sentence probably saved the facility.

Michelin is blaming FIA (http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3201/740.html), FIA is blaming Michelin (http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3209/740.html), a lot of fans are blaming Indy (making an unsure future for F1 in the US), Indy is blaming everyone else (http://www.usgpindy.com/news/story.php?story_id=4898 )... and the fans are out a ton of $ (no refund information has been posted that I have found).

---Eric
    Last edited by AlfaEric; 06-20-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    ....There are calls on other internet chats to boycott Michelin.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=asVg33BPsPOU

Michelin Shares Fall After Cars Quit U.S. Grand Prix

---Eric

(About options the Speedway may have with refunds for fans): “We’re going to analyze our situation, our position here. We’re probably going to respond appropriately in the next coming days. There are a number of questions like that which we will have to sit down and look at and come up with a better response.”
    http://www.usgpindy.com/news/story.php?story_id=4904

Sorry for the multiple posts in a row... I'm just adding info as I find it that I think might be useful.

---Eric

...and the lawsuits begin:

http://www.kgrlaw.com/news.htm

---Eric

Paul Stoddart just called for Mosley to resign. He gives a full timeline of the events in a press release:
    http://www.minardi.it/press/dettagli...omunicatiTipo=

Far more importantly, however, Mosley refused to accept any of the solutions offered, and that refusal was, I believe, politically motivated. Therefore, I feel he failed in his duty, and that is why I have called for his resignation.
    ---Eric

Mosley justifies his position:
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15090.html

He actually believes that they "could have used the pit lane on each lap". Has he ever seen an F1 race? With only 6 cars on the track the 2 Ferraris nearly crashed while leaving the pits. Imagine 14 additional cars using the pits EVERY lap?!?!?!?

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Paul Stoddart just called for Mosley to resign. He gives a full timeline of the events in a press release:
    http://www.minardi.it/press/dettagli...omunicatiTipo=

---Eric
    Would this be the same Paul Stoddart that tried to stop Australian GP? Real credible guy there!

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    Would this be the same Paul Stoddart that tried to stop Australian GP? Real credible guy there!
    ... and the same FIA that threatened to cancel the GP if Stoddart didn't back down...

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?...icleId=2436517

---Eric

Thread Information