Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need help with an A/C problem!

Thread: Need help with an A/C problem!

Need help with an A/C problem!

So here goes. Hopefully someone can help. About 3-5 times a week my A/C will start blowing warm to hot from the center vents of the console. The side vents blow cooler, but still lukewarm. The temperature dial on the center vents is set to it's coldest setting (3 blue dots), but if I turn the dial down to even the 2 blue dot setting it blows full on hot (atomic hot). I took the car in to the shop to have it looked at and they replaced the receiver dryer and did a flush and recharge on the freon. The repairs did make the A/C colder when it works, but it is still intermittent. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. The car: 2001 330i 83K miles Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bantonid View Post
    So here goes. Hopefully someone can help. About 3-5 times a week my A/C will start blowing warm to hot from the center vents of the console. The side vents blow cooler, but still lukewarm. The temperature dial on the center vents is set to it's coldest setting (3 blue dots), but if I turn the dial down to even the 2 blue dot setting it blows full on hot (atomic hot). I took the car in to the shop to have it looked at and they replaced the receiver dryer and did a flush and recharge on the freon. The repairs did make the A/C colder when it works, but it is still intermittent. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. The car: 2001 330i 83K miles Brett
    Sound to me like the heater core is stuck open.

Thread Information