Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
A Superb Weekend at VIR...

Thread: A Superb Weekend at VIR...

A Superb Weekend at VIR...

We had a wonderful 3-day weekend last week at VIR with the Potomac PCA. There were several Bimmers, Audis and Mazdas in addition to large complement of Porsches. The weather was absolutely perfect, mid 80s mostly with a little low 90s on Saturday. The track temp stayed cool as well, so all worked out perfectly for a September event; so much so that many people reported doing their best laps ever, including me

Here is a video:

I hope more NCC drivers attend the events as it makes it a lot more fun in my opinion. The next event is late October at Summit main, I hope you all join. I will be at Jefferson beginning of October, if my late registration is accepted.

Cheers,
    Fatih

I read about it after I registered for the Tarheel school.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

LOL, the R8 did give you point by at 1:31. You just didn't take it.

-Anand

Yeah, did not take it LOL; he gased it right there to make fun of me. I think the signal was actually his middle finger
    Fatih

I was there in the white 95 M3, in the blue/white group. Bob Hoskins (Jenson Button here) was in the car with me for the weekend. I love that place, the weather was awesome, and Bob and I were working on some good things. The only problems were persistent brake shudder, and crappy plastic underpanels that don't seem to like how much I use VIR's gators. It was my second PCA Potomac event, and I can see more in my future.

Ron

I don't understand why in your video you dis e36 M3's, and you're posting on a BMW club forum.

Ron...might be time to throw on some track brake pads to slow your antiquated M3.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    I was there in the white 95 M3, in the blue/white group. Bob Hoskins (Jenson Button here) was in the car with me for the weekend. I love that place, the weather was awesome, and Bob and I were working on some good things. The only problems were persistent brake shudder, and crappy plastic underpanels that don't seem to like how much I use VIR's gators. It was my second PCA Potomac event, and I can see more in my future.

Ron
    Hello Ron, good to find you here. I was in the Cayman parked behind you in the paddock and we chatted few times in the classroom and outside. Hope to see next events too.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    I don't understand why in your video you dis e36 M3's, and you're posting on a BMW club forum.
    First, because I can post what ever I want; I am a member and a Bimmer owner.

Second, I was trying to show the silliness of the performance differences in a sarcastic way; 'performance is relative' was my point by showing how fast the 997 TT passed me just as I passed the M3.
    Fatih

I have to say this past weekend's Tarheel BMW school at VIR was the most enjoyable I've had in years - and that's from someone that does 10 or so a year, and I enjoy them all! It was great to see so many NCC participants there.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I wish I could make that one too. Tarheel always puts out great events as does NCC. Hopefully next year.
    Fatih

Thread Information