Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Timed out??

Thread: Timed out??

Timed out??

Would it be possible to have a prominent, maybe permanent in the webpage format, reminder of the forum time out limits? More than once I've been multi-tasking while working on a Reply, maybe taking a bit of time, and then when I go to post it...I've been timed out. And when I log back in, my "work" is gone. Very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    Would it be possible to have a prominent, maybe permanent in the webpage format, reminder of the forum time out limits? More than once I've been multi-tasking while working on a Reply, maybe taking a bit of time, and then when I go to post it...I've been timed out. And when I log back in, my "work" is gone. Very annoying.
    To my knowledge, it isn't on the host end but rather on the client end. Check your browser settings - seriously.

I'll look around. On the only other message boards I frequently look at there is an option right where the log in is located to choose how long to stay logged on. If our site has that somewhere, I haven't yet found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    I'll look around. On the only other message boards I frequently look at there is an option right where the log in is located to choose how long to stay logged on. If our site has that somewhere, I haven't yet found it.
    vBulletin does not have such a user option that I recall.
    There is the check box Remember Me? to keep you logged in.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Remember me does seem to work. Hadn't been on the board for a couple of days but just posted a message and noticed that I was still logged in, so did so with no problem.

Thread Information