Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
For NCC Chapter members: Peake Research Tool

Thread: For NCC Chapter members: Peake Research Tool

For NCC Chapter members: Peake Research Tool

I just purchased the Peake research tool for BMW. It resets the oil light indicator, service intervals, and can also read SES codes, etc. Thus, it can save a significant amount of money in the long run if you take your car to a private mechanic, and/or you need to know a SES code. For instance, you could order the part you needed saving significantly from dealer costs, even with BMW CCA discounts.

I'll rent this out for $20.00 to recoup some of my costs. Like some have done, once you have rented it once from me, it's unlimited use after that.

Unfortunately, it only works with 2001-2005 BMW's. Most of the newer BMW's use the 16 pin connection OBD-II port by your driver's left foot well. Older bmw's use the 15 pin or 20 pin connection. It will not work with the 740i or 740il (2000-2001).

Let me know if you are interested. It should be here in one week.

R5/FCX II-16, Fault Code Tool (2001-2005 BMWs)

Reads trouble codes/Scans codes, resets Check-Engine, Oil service and Inspection.

Sign me up! I hope fault codes aren't automatically erased once the light goes out.

They do get stored

-- Jason

Hey, did you know that if you take your car to BMW to read codes, even if you do not have any codes stored ... the computer they use can read EVERY single code EVER triggered by your car???

They can also calculate the TOP SPEED your car has ever seen and at what RPM. The Service manager was showing me this. This is stored in the computer's DME.

Big brother is watching

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Hey, did you know that if you take your car to BMW to read codes, even if you do not have any codes stored ... the computer they use can read EVERY single code EVER triggered by your car???

They can also calculate the TOP SPEED your car has ever seen and at what RPM. The Service manager was showing me this. This is stored in the computer's DME.

Big brother is watching
    That's a little disturbing.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

do they do that for both e46 and e36?

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    do they do that for both e46 and e36?

Yep.

Pete

It came! It only took one day to get here. If you are interested, let me know! I live in alexandria, VA. If you'll be at PTG, we could do it there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    It came! It only took one day to get here. If you are interested, let me know! I live in alexandria, VA. If you'll be at PTG, we could do it there as well.
    Check your PM.

Just did AG -- thanks. I'll let you know more tomorrow. I should be there, 50% sure at this point. I am picking up my car tonight ... so, I need to take a look at it and see if it's driveable. It might attract too much attention, and if so, I may leave it. I would then be ride dependent on someone else, whose mind is not made up yet. No way I can drive the other car that far unless I could take a path straight as a bird would fly ...

Thumbs up

That's great, sharing among chapter member, if the need comes i will be keeping in touch.

Thread Information