Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Autocross Schools

Thread: (2009) Autocross Schools

(2009) Autocross Schools

SCCA is having a level one school on Aug 23 at FedEx and a level 2 school on Aug 30 at FedEx. These are very good schools. I have taken the level 2 school several times. You get about 20 full runs plus drills in level one and 28 or so runs plus drills in level 2.

These schools always fill fast.

Go to dlbracing.com and pull down washington dc region scca or to the D.C. Region SCCA website to register.

Joe

... Just as a note, you must be a SCCA member to attend these schools ...

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    ... Just as a note, you must be a SCCA member to attend these schools ...

No, you don't, they have weekend memberships at the schools for $10.00.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    SCCA is having a level one school on Aug 23 at FedEx and a level 2 school on Aug 30 at FedEx. These are very good schools. I have taken the level 2 school several times. You get about 20 full runs plus drills in level one and 28 or so runs plus drills in level 2.

These schools always fill fast.

Go to dlbracing.com and pull down washington dc region scca or to the D.C. Region SCCA website to register.

Joe
    Thanks for the tip, Joe. I was able to register just now and there were 7 people ahead of me.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

The SCCA Autocross School was a blast. I had ten runs and four ride-alongs. Here's the in-car video of Brian H. showing me how to do it and here's my fastest time at 37.886 seconds.

Fun times.
    Last edited by agreatham; 08-25-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Fixed YouTube links

Unfortunately I just saw this; it's already fully booked with a waitlist!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    Unfortunately I just saw this; it's already fully booked with a waitlist!
    could it be because it happened a couple of days ago?=))

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    could it be because it happened a couple of days ago?=))
    There is another this weekend that has been full for weeks. I have done the level 2 class 5 times and my best time was 31.7 as I recall.

Joe
    Last edited by jbrannon7; 08-26-2009 at 06:16 PM.

First rule of autocross: Drive with Brian Hair.

Second rule of autocross: Drive with Brian Hair.

Actually, you can get a lot of great learning with others as well, but I'll tell you.... Never pass up a chance to drive or observe Brian.

I have taken every chance, and learned A LOT.

Craig, Joe, Woody, Adam, and others too will get you on your way.

This will be my first lvl 2, and I'm hoping for my fair share of Brian's time. You hear me Hair?

Anyone else here attending?
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    This will be my first lvl 2, and I'm hoping for my fair share of Brian's time. You hear me Hair?

Anyone else here attending?
    I'll be there.

Excellent. Best time at the end of the day earns "M3 Mike" title? hehe.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I also definitely recommend an Evolution Driving School, or now that Jinx Jordan (incredibly good national-level driver) and some other have split off and designed their own courses, a SoloPro school. You'll learn more about REAL competitive autocrossing in one day of these than you would doing a hundred NCC events. A GREAT investment if you care about autocrossing.

http://www.evoschool.com/

http://www.soloprodrivingschool.com/

How did the level 2 school go? Who was the fastest Mike?

Joe

Thread Information