Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Helmet Hygiene

Thread: (2009) Helmet Hygiene

(2009) Helmet Hygiene

I sweat a lot from my forehead and don't want my helmet to stink. Any suggestions before I break out the 1980's headband?

wear a head sock. easy to wash, unlike a helmet....

You could try the Shock Doctor system. You place your helmet over the unit and it blasts ionized air (heated or cool) into your helmet to remove moisture and odor. You can also get an octopus attachment that lets you dry out your driving gloves and driving shoes as well. I believe OG Racing (www.ogracing.com) sells this system. It costs about a $100.
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

The helmet dryer is a bit more than what I need right now so I think I'll go with the head sock or balaclava (I had to look that up -- I thought it was pastry). Thanks for the suggestions!

You'll be surprised how much Febreze does ...

There is also an antibacterial febreeze product.

Helmet hygene? I been wearing my helmet since '99 and its just getting broken in.

Joe

I usually just throw a dryer sheet in mine when I store it. Also go for helmets that have a removable liners.

Helmet hygiene??? I say sweat it up and let 'er stink! It's like pads in lacrosse/hockey/football. They stink, and it's part of the game... before long, you come to like or even love the stink of your pads. Why should it be any different with the helmet
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thread Information