Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New cell phone, better Bluetooth?

Thread: New cell phone, better Bluetooth?

New cell phone, better Bluetooth?

My husband and I have an 09 535xi and 328i and had been experiencing endless Bluetooth/iDrive issues for months so we decided to upgrade to new Motorola W755 cell phones last week. It was a snap to pair the phones with our vehicles and so far we've not experienced any issues. The Verizon rep said the new phones have better, more stable Bluetooth software. We'll see. Nothing is more annoying than having to dig through stuff to answer the phone because the Bluetooth isn't working.

Happy motoring...
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Well, so much for newer phones...my Bluetooth went out on my vehicle this morning so I made an appointment at BMW of Annapolis to have that AND the iPod issues checked out. BMW technological advancements are great, only if they work!

iphone ftw

No phone, FTW.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    My husband and I have an 09 535xi and 328i and had been experiencing endless Bluetooth/iDrive issues for months so we decided to upgrade to new Motorola W755 cell phones last week. It was a snap to pair the phones with our vehicles and so far we've not experienced any issues. The Verizon rep said the new phones have better, more stable Bluetooth software. We'll see. Nothing is more annoying than having to dig through stuff to answer the phone because the Bluetooth isn't working.

Happy motoring...
    I discovered the same thing when I bought a 2009 Nissan Murano recently. The Bluetooth s/w in my old MOT RAZR wasn't compatible with it, but was compatible with the Bluetooth s/w in my older 2004 Acura TL. I bought a replacement phone, a Samsung 639 that works fine in the 2009 Murano but was not supported by the Bluetooth S/W in the 2004 Acura. But I have to say that the newer the Bluetooth S/W, the superior the Bluetooth handsfree connection. People couldn't hear me very well in the Acura using Bluetooth, but in the 2009 Nissan, people on the other end of the call can't even tell I'm using Bluetooth. Bonbahn
    BonBahn

Swooz,

BMW has a list of 'compatible' bluetooth phones that they maintain on the BMWUSA Web site:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...blePhones.aspx

I'm about to go see Verizon myself. I had to wait until now to not have to pay full price for the phone.

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

My husband and I are using BMW-approved phones. I checked the Verizon Wireless listing just before replacing our Razrs with the Motorola W755. The tech paired my phone for me before I left the dealership last week and it has remained paired, but every time I start the car I wonder...

Thread Information