Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Purcellville VA Cruise-in pix

Thread: Purcellville VA Cruise-in pix

Purcellville VA Cruise-in pix

The 7th Summer Thunder cruise-in was held today. I couldn't stay long, so hurried out for the start and took a few pix. This is a charity event, now benefiting the Victory Junction Gang Camp (founded by Kyle and Pattie Petty, in honor of their son Adam), serving campers ranging from 7 to 15 years old with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses.
    While it is predominately American iron in attendance, I would love for the NCC to make an effort and blow them away with a mass arrival like the Cobras and Corvette clubs!
    It would give us a casual meeting place to admire our club members' cars and all the other, as well as serve a charity (something the chapter and national seem to want to do).

BMW content. The owner of this V12 E31 just got the car 2 weeks ago - hope he knows what he's in for! There were also a pair of E30 cabs and an E38.

A covy of Cobras make their entry. I wish we could get a pile of BMWs to attend in this fashion!

1940 Lincoln Continental convertible from NC, one of 325 built.

1917 Locomobile Raceabout.

Various offerings.

Last edited by John in VA; 07-25-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Good pictures John. As you know, I tried to get a bunch of Z3 M Coupe and Roadsters out for this year's show, but couldn't get any interest. Maybe next year.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

We've had a group of '02ers attend in the past. I think they used up their "kitchen passes" the previous weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Talking

I think we are underrepresented at most events that are not BMW events. We could change that if we just started showing up everywhere! I find that auto enthusiasts tend to welcome other auto enthusiasts, regardless of badge.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Nice pics, thanks for the post.

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

Wow, that is a beautiful 850i! Just gorgeous. Nice color too. Ok, I confess, it's mine. I have only had it for 2 weeks but I researched the 8 series for over a year before making my purchase. It's a '92, with 87750 original miles on the odo. Runs nice and I am very please with it. Nose was repainted by PO and it's a little off shade. Hope to get that fixed over the winter. It's my first 850, but not my first BMW.

Thanks for the picture John. I took your advice and joined the BMWCCA. I agree with ///Marine. There must have been 40 carbon copy late model Corvettes there, but only 4 BMW's. If your around the DC area, there are lot's of shows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0737.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	783  

Thread Information