Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) SCCA ST-R Class

Thread: (2009) SCCA ST-R Class

(2009) SCCA ST-R Class

Guys,

After writing a letter and having about fifty people from the Z4 forums echo its contents, we were able to get the Z4 added to the supplemental STR category for SCCA 2010 on street tires.

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/09/08/09-fastrack-aug-solo.pdf

This should be a great class for the same old group of MX-5, Z3, Z4, S2000s, and other drivers that are usually in A-Stock through about C-Stock.

Hope we can get lots of interest in this class and it takes off for 2011 when it would be an official category.

Best thing about it is the lack of a requirement to use R-Comp tires to be competitive.

The Honda S2000 was in, so we petitioned for the Z4 3.0 and got all non-M Z4's and most Z3s including the MZ3 Coupe. It seems the HP requirement is around 250HP or less and they are allowing aftermarket limited slip differentials.

A set of Dunlop Direzza or Potenza RE-11 tires is about all it will take to compete.

Get your practice on and let's represent team BMW next year!!

This is great news Noel, I have been wanting to do some SCCA stuff, but had no where to run my competitvely as it is, maybe not a front runner but at least in the ball park. It would be nice to see this class grow to cover some other cars with similar power to weight and I hope the rules keep it from becoming a one trick pony like some of the stock classes.

...yet another Fastrack with no further mention of the E36 318 moving to FSP. I guess I have to write another letter.

I think I'll switch to rallycross next year.

The tire allowances really suck (for me anyhow):

- Tire Allowances (add to 14.3):
    AWD – 225mm
    2WD – 255mm
    Woody, can I borrow your car?

Now I really wish I pulled the trigger on the Z4 instead, would have been a good time. Oh well, almost time for a new car anyway.

Thread Information