Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest!!! NCC Autocross Event #7 - September 26 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest!!! NCC Autocross Event #7 - September 26 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium

Wet!

Man, us 4th sessioners got the weather shaft! Oh well, always interesting to drive in the rain. It was nice to get in a race, since I missed the last one.

Overall, I wish I could have strung tgether sections from different runs! As always, fun event! I wonder if we can pull a top gear and get a W placed next to times in the wet, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Man, us 4th sessioners got the weather shaft! Oh well, always interesting to drive in the rain. It was nice to get in a race, since I missed the last one.

Overall, I wish I could have strung tgether sections from different runs! As always, fun event! I wonder if we can pull a top gear and get a W placed next to times in the wet, lol.
    The AM session finally paid off this time! I swear this whole season all the am'ers have been drying the track off for the pm guys.

Thanks for the great event Jonathan, Katie and everyone else involved.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by forrealb50 View Post
    The AM session finally paid off this time! I swear this whole season all the am'ers have been drying the track off for the pm guys.
    I've been feeling the same way!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post

Joe
    +1 Had a great time today. Thanks everyone!

Joe
    Hear, hear! Kudos to Jonathan, Katie, Bogdan, Adam, Linh, and anyone else I may have missed. By the way, is there room in the trailer for a grill? We could make a new worker position for the cook.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I had a great time everyone! I came at 9:30am and stayed until it was all over. Unfortunately, my registration got screwed up and I was put in the 3rd group when it started raining.

My first 2 laps were in the dry so the best I got was 50.6 but made some obvious big mistakes. I think if it didn't start raining and I wasn't running my last 2 laps in the wet, I could have easily ran a 48.0. I'm pretty happy with that.

I think next year I'm going to try for the trophies. I guess I'll have to swap out my noisemaker for the stock airbox to stay in S1.

Congrats to Hadi for running a 53 on the second lap of his first ever autocross! And in the wet too, nice!

Ugh, damn the treadwear rating on my stock tires, I would have had the top time in the other category! That MR2 and S2000 were moving! Wish I had a dry run to compete with those two(but still lose). I have a good habit of going fast in fat turns, but also a bad habit of goin too fast in slow turns :/

Congrats to Samuel in the red M3. 49.1 in the wet is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by RedMS3; 09-27-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Addition of information.

...I have...a bad habit of goin too fast in slow turns :/
    The Secret

No kidding. I was in heat 3 and the diff between my best dry run and best wet run was 2.1 seconds, so I'm going to guess Sam would have killed me without the rain. Must have been because he was rollin' on chrome 19s

Times in the wet do not count unless the top is down. I repeat, times in the wet do not count unless the top is down.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    The Secret
    Yeah, yeah...on that note, I picked up a copy of Secrets of Solo Racing by Henry Watts immediately after the autocross at the local Barnes & Noble.

Good book!

I like the rule....there's no taking it easy on the first run. If you do, you're wasting a run.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Ugh, damn the treadwear rating on my stock tires, I would have had the top time in the other category! That MR2 and S2000 were moving! Wish I had a dry run to compete with those two(but still lose). I have a good habit of going fast in fat turns, but also a bad habit of goin too fast in slow turns :/

Thanks! I'm just thankful they were still serving food late in the day(delicious food by the way). I was feeling tired until I had my second helping of food and got my second wind(I need to start bringing more food with me to these events. I get hungry so often). I had a ton of fun out there! How quickly I had forgotten that autox in the rain is a blast.
    No kidding. I was in heat 3 and the diff between my best dry run and best wet run was 2.1 seconds, so I'm going to guess Sam would have killed me without the rain. Must have been because he was rollin' on chrome 19s
    Thanks for the ride Ron! As dead sexy as my bling blang chrome 19s are, they probably wouldn't have been awesome enough to beat you in the dry. On your fastest runs you were carrying ~200lbs of dead weight in your passenger seat.
    T2

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Good book!

I like the rule....there's no taking it easy on the first run. If you do, you're wasting a run.
    At the BMW courses in Bowie and the State Police lot my first run is usually my fastest, but I usually get a cone.

Joe

At the BMW courses in Bowie and the State Police lot my first run is usually my fastest, but I usually get a cone.

Joe
    I always go pretty much full speed on my first run as well. I've definitely had my first run be fastest. I tell myself I should take it easy, but then I don't. Joe, I'm curious why you would point out those two specific BMW venues. Why would you be able to go all out (fastest run) on your first run there, but not at others? Are you just comparing them to FedEx (I haven't run there yet)?

I always go pretty much full speed on my first run as well. I've definitely had my first run be fastest. I tell myself I should take it easy, but then I don't. Joe, I'm curious why you would point out those two specific BMW venues. Why would you be able to go all out (fastest run) on your first run there, but not at others? Are you just comparing them to FedEx (I haven't run there yet)?
    I typically do the same at both those venues too. I tend to drive slow and fast the first run, and then just overcook every other run.

I really like bigger venues too where you can open the car up a bit.

Thread Information