Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Why few 135Is at track events - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why few 135Is at track events

Quote Originally Posted by Steve21M5 View Post
    Do you have personal experience with this? I've run these pads on my E34 M5 at Watkins Glen where there are several really hard braking zones and have never had a problem. Anybody else have any experience (good or bad) with the HP+ pads?
    Dave Zeckhausen told me not to use them on track when I bought a set from him (he claimed that a former Hawk exec. told him that). Having experienced pad failure before (no brakes at Summit T1 at 150mph, slowing all the way to 115MPH before flying above the first third of the gravel trap), I wasn't about to try them.

Here's one experienced track guy's oh shit moment with the HP+:
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...3&postcount=21

Just don't do it. It isn't worth it.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I have personally tried nearly all of the Hawk pads, I really like Hawk btw; however, HP+ is really not for the track and I don't like them on the street either. For street I prefer Porterfield R4S and for track I would recommend either HT-10 or DTC60/70 combinations.
    Fatih

Quote Originally Posted by Steve21M5 View Post
    Do you have personal experience with this? I've run these pads on my E34 M5 at Watkins Glen where there are several really hard braking zones and have never had a problem. Anybody else have any experience (good or bad) with the HP+ pads?
    As above, talk to Dave Zeckhausen, he will confirm the same thing, and has done so in conversations I've had with him. They have an MOT of around 750F, and after that, just go to hell with very little fade/warning. His product description:

Hawk HP PLUS high performance street pads have moderate dust, moderate rotor wear, very high initial bite and similar MOT to Hawk HPS of around 750°F. They tend to be noisy, sometimes squealing under light braking, although proper bedding can help. Ideal for autocross. Not recommended for track use, as their friction level falls off rapidly when MOT is exceeded, just like the Hawk HPS.
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

Thread Information