Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #5 - August 8 @ Sykesville, MD - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #5 - August 8 @ Sykesville, MD

Anybody else remember when the top three "premium" beers in the country were Schlitz, Budweiser, and Miller High Life? And Michelob was only available on tap?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Anybody else remember when the top three "premium" beers in the country were Schlitz, Budweiser, and Miller High Life? And Michelob was only available on tap?
    Those must have been some sad days

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    ahh....nope just you.

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Beers

Don't get me started. Pabst Blue Ribbon? Or the frat favorite in my 1960s college town of LA: 101...black can with a big "101" on it...cheapest beer going; same results. The brewery was literally just next to the 101 freeway. When the brewery closed, an astute architect bought it and turned the complex into a mini city of lofts and studios for craftsmen and artist...leasehold only, he kept the property rights. I stayed there a few years ago in what had been a concrete blockhouse chemical storage locker; upgraded to an "apartment" via a steel subfloor and spiral staircase. Active train track 5 feet away on the other side and next to one wall. Too cool. The guy made millions, the scad...while I trolled away at a civil service job...geez.....

Heck, I drink the High Life now. I love it in the summer, although I go ghetto with the $15. 30 pack can box. Regular Coors is also a classic that is tough to get this side of the Mississippi. Yes these beers are made from old German recipes brewed (originally) by old Germans and blend well while working on our German cars as we prepare for the next autox event.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pavement is nowhere near as slick as SP but that venue has some unique challenges. Due to it's smaller lot, it frequently requires more tight turns so it can be much more technical a course layout.
    All the layouts I've seen at Sykesville have favored higher power cars due to the number of straights following sharp corners (2 absolutely killer ones last time). Could we possibly get a *more* technical/tight course without some of those straights this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    All the layouts I've seen at Sykesville have favored higher power cars due to the number of straights following sharp corners (2 absolutely killer ones last time). Could we possibly get a *more* technical/tight course without some of those straights this time around?
    Bogdan's the course designer at MSP ... that being said, probably not

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Bogdan's the course designer at MSP ... that being said, probably not
    You leave me no choice -- I'm bringing a biplane and buckets of dry-ice.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    As a "series," that is a good thing, because all of the courses can favor different vehicles and driving styles. My low-powered AWD car was not at a terrible disadvantage on SP, but I will have to drive a LOT better at a course like MSP is reputed to favor in order to be competetive.

And so the rift begins. To heck with slow and technical. Boo. I loved the last Maryland layout. Or shall we say, my "high powered" car did. Coming back towards the registration tent (passing through the crossover) I was hitting 60+ in my M3. Much fun. FTD in S1. But at Summit, where I should have done well...busted. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    I registered for the PM session! I may have a couple non bmw folks coming with me but not sure yet.

How is this course compared to the Summit Point course? Is it as slick?
    Only if its below freezing and has just rained!

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Regular Coors is also a classic that is tough to get this side of the Mississippi.
    Sorry for the off topic post: In the late 60s and early 70s Coors (regular, I don't think "light" beers had been invented yet) became a cult beer in the eastern states because it wasn't available. Coors claimed their beer was unpasterized and needed to be refridgerated from brewery to glass. So they limited distribution to some western states. At least 3 times I returned from Colorado ski trips with a case of Coors in my hand. And the airports were full of other people doing the same thing. When I got home I'd call some buddies and announce, "i've got some Coors!" They would help me drink it in a few days. Was there any difference from the normal Budmillerschlitz? If anything, it was milder. Coors Light? That's redundant.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Back on topic...

Sounds like Woody autox's in T2 but drinks in U1.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Resistaaaaaaarrrrrred...

I'm in. Need to do some work on the car, but should be done by the 5th.

Thread Information